Transmission Fluid 2012 Corolla

I’ve been noticing a loud idle and take off on my 2012 Corolla. Loud whirring noise under shifter when sitting still. I feel like it’s the transmission. After checking the trans oil it seems like I might be right. Has anyone ever changed transmission fluid on a 2012 model LE?

I did the transmission fluid on my 2011 Corolla recently. There is a drain plug at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I drained Mine, measured how much came out and refilled VIA the dipstick tube.

I would advise to ONLY use transmission fluid purchased at the dealer. Using the wrong fluid cause further damage to the transmission.

Hello O4
2011 corolla
I’m also planning to change factory transmission oil change / drain . No issues with transmission.
Get oil from dealer , replace same amount that comes out .

I was going to change the AT fluid and filter for my sister-in-law on a 2013 Corolla LE that she recently bought. How many quarts does it take when changing the filter also? I have manual transmissions on my Corollas so I've never messed with an AT.

I've done mine a few times. I don't remember exactly but it always fell between 3 & 4 qts. Measured what came out and put the same amount in.

I've done this a few times on my 09 LE. I dropped the pan and cleaned out the small mount of sludge and replaced the filter which is some kind of fabric. The fill is about 3.5 quarts. I used WS compatible Valvoline MaxLife during and after the first full flush at 75K miles. I do a drain and fill and filter change every 20-25K miles after that. I think the capacity is 9+ quarts total so a drain and fill doesn't get all the old fluid out. I also use one ounce of LubeGuard for every quart of fluid.