Trying to Upgrade Front Speakers

I want to have some quality audio in my car but I don't want subs banging in the trunk. How would I go about upgrading the front speakers? Is it an easy DIY project or should I take it to a shop I'm looking to add some morel speakers about $125 will I need an amp?

Long story short I need help.

You can do it yourself. Be mindful of mounting depth, type of speakers, etc. In my previous car I had 3-way kicker speakers in the front and NAXA NCS-769 6-Way speakers in the back. It sounded like I had a subwoofer inside the car without an actual subwoofer. The NAXA speakers are cheap but lasted like 2 years of daily commuter/weekend house music bumps. It also matters on the how you set up the sound as well as the quality of the music itself.

It is slightly more difficult than other cars - only because the speakers are probably riveted in and the wiring goes to the tweeters first and there aren't adapter wires for the speakers.

There have been other threads showing how to pull the door panels and replace the speakers.

those rivets are a real p.i.t.a to drill out. took me about 30 min each side to drill out because they keep on spinning. other than that its really easy to do