Ultra Racing

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The Altis and US Corolla share the same body and dimensions so those parts will fit our 11th gen Corolla's. In fact, the link you posted has the same part numbers as the one I posted except in my Altis link, there are more bars available for our cars.

Front Strut Bar:
P/N: UR-TW2-521
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...2wd-1-8-2012-front-strut-bar-front-tower-bar/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-strut-bar-front-upper-brace-front-tower-bar/

Front Member Brace
P/N: UR-LA3-153
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-1-8-2012-front-lower-bar-front-member-brace/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-1-8-2012-front-member-brace-front-lower-bar/

Rear Sway Bar
P/N: UR-AR19-222
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...i-roll-bar-rear-sway-bar-rear-stabilizer-bar/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...bar-rear-stabilizer-bar-rear-anti-roll-bar-2/

As you can see, those part numbers match up from your link and there are few more bars available like the rear room bar and the rear strut bar.

I can't find anyone who has this installed on 11th gen. I held it up and it looks a little off. Just slightly. The company I bought it from said they've sold a lot of them and no one (else) has questioned it. I'm very particular when it comes to doing things the "right" way.
I'll post a picture when I can get the size correct for this forum.

The angle looks slightly off. I know this was designed for the 10th gen Corolla's but UR says that it will work. I looked up 10th vs 11th gen Corolla rear axle's, there is a difference.

Attachments

It's supposed to go between the pivot points on the rear axle. ( under the car )Sorry if my terminology is off.
The Altis and US Corolla share the same body and dimensions so those parts will fit our 11th gen Corolla's. In fact, the link you posted has the same part numbers as the one I posted except in my Altis link, there are more bars available for our cars.

Front Strut Bar:
P/N: UR-TW2-521
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...2wd-1-8-2012-front-strut-bar-front-tower-bar/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-strut-bar-front-upper-brace-front-tower-bar/

Front Member Brace
P/N: UR-LA3-153
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-1-8-2012-front-lower-bar-front-member-brace/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...-1-8-2012-front-member-brace-front-lower-bar/

Rear Sway Bar
P/N: UR-AR19-222
Your link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...i-roll-bar-rear-sway-bar-rear-stabilizer-bar/
My link: http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/inde...bar-rear-stabilizer-bar-rear-anti-roll-bar-2/

As you can see, those part numbers match up from your link and there are few more bars available like the rear room bar and the rear strut bar.
Oh okay great! I didn't know that.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The angle looks slightly off. I know this was designed for the 10th gen Corolla's but UR says that it will work. I looked up 10th vs 11th gen Corolla rear axle's, there is a difference.
Well, the 10th and 11th gen Corolla's do have very similar suspension designs but they aren't exact. The bar that I think you are installing is the rear sway bar. If it is that bar, there is a specific one designed and made for the 11th gen Corolla so if you have the 10th gen version, it might be a different design. Do you mind posting up what the part number is on that bar that you have? If anything, you could just be placing it wrong which makes it so the bolt hole doesn't line up.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Yeah, I see where it mounts now. It won't do anything extra.
"...Rear Lower Bar is designed to reduce the flex of the vehicle chassis where it is connected by the lower wishbone of the suspension system. Doing this will lessen the distortion of the vehicle lower suspension when it is under load, especially during hard cornering..."

It'll definitely cut down on understeer if you go around tight corners at speed since it pretty much stiffens the rear end. .

I don't see it making a difference there. You aren't going to get much deflection in that area because the torsion beam that is right behind it, plus the real control arm bushings, take pretty much all of the deflection.

A rear brace connecting the rear strut towers would do more to stiffen the chassis because you get more deflection up in that area.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I don't see it making a difference there. You aren't going to get much deflection in that area because the torsion beam that is right behind it, plus the real control arm bushings, take pretty much all of the deflection.

A rear brace connecting the rear strut towers would do more to stiffen the chassis because you get more deflection up in that area.
I don't know. I think I remember someone installing the same thing on a 10th gen and they said it drastically improved their Corolla in turns. I need to find it but it was a while ago.

I wouldn't mind getting strut tower braces for the front and rear.

Have you replaced the rear sway bar with the TRD yet?

If you haven't, you're missing out. It gives the car a very slight oversteer and I can corner a lot more aggressively with it on.

I wouldn't mind getting strut tower braces for the front and rear.

Have you replaced the rear sway bar with the TRD yet?

If you haven't, you're missing out. It gives the car a very slight oversteer and I can corner a lot more aggressively with it on.
I have the front TRD tower brace, Megan Racing H-brace, TRD rear sway bar, Ultra racing rear sway bar (not sure the correct name for that one, mounts to the axle beams and the shocks) and waiting on Ultra Racing rear strut tower brace.
There's one more brace made for the front lower than I plan on getting soon. After that, I don't think there's anymore bars made!!
I plan on lowering it too with TRD springs, but later. Maybe next spring.

I have a '14 LE that I bought new. Just passed 7k this weekend. With the help of these bars, it still rides like the day I bought it, but handles like it's on rails now.
Kind of a sleeper since I still have stock rims and tires.
But the TRD exhaust is giving me away!

THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED!
I didn't think I'd notice this one as much but, it really smoothed out the ride in the rear!
Now I might go home and install the one that I started this whole post with.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
That bar should fit as it is the correct part number. If you look at this picture of a 2014 Corolla Altis (international version of the 11th gen Corolla), it has the bar installed on the car perfectly.

In your video, it looks like the gap that you have between the bar and the mounting location is small so I would suggest that you actually raise the car up on jack stands and then try to install it. If you lift the car up, it'll take the load off the suspension and body completely which will most likely shorten the gap or make the bar sit flush so that you can install it.

That bar should fit as it is the correct part number. If you look at this picture of a 2014 Corolla Altis (international version of the 11th gen Corolla), it has the bar installed on the car perfectly.

In your video, it looks like the gap that you have between the bar and the mounting location is small so I would suggest that you actually raise the car up on jack stands and then try to install it. If you lift the car up, it'll take the load off the suspension and body completely which will most likely shorten the gap or make the bar sit flush so that you can install it.
Wait, so ALL bars that fit the 2014 Altis will fit a 2014 Corolla? Or is it just some of them?

Wait, so ALL bars that fit the 2014 Altis will fit a 2014 Corolla? Or is it just some of them?
They should all fit but, UR-RLS4-262P will not. I had these sent to me by accident but decided to keep them until I discovered that they wouldn't fit. Our cars already have a similar piece installed and even if removed, the bolt holes wouldn't line up. I returned these and bought the UR-RL2-446, which is the one that I'm having issues with.
I think the picture above is of a 10th gen.
I have the UR-AR16-236 installed. It fits pretty good but not perfect. Definitely makes a difference though.
I also have the UR rear strut tower brace but I don't know the part number right now.

I think this picture is of a 10th gen. I've seen it many times. It's actually where I've referenced part numbers.
The gap is close to a 1/2". I don't think raising the car is going to give that back. And the angle difference is 15° - 20° off.
But, you have a good idea. And I will try this weekend!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The 2014 Altis and Corolla have the same chassis underneath so all the bars should fit. As for the image, I'm pretty sure that's the 11th gen in the picture. The image that they have for the 10th gen is this:

If everything fails, just call or email Ultra Racing directly and see what they have to say. There is a slight possibility that you may actually have a 10th gen bar but I doubt it. If Ultra Racing isn't responding to you, I will see if I can contact them myself.

They should all fit but, UR-RLS4-262P will not. I had these sent to me by accident but decided to keep them until I discovered that they wouldn't fit. Our cars already have a similar piece installed and even if removed, the bolt holes wouldn't line up. I returned these and bought the UR-RL2-446, which is the one that I'm having issues with.
I think the picture above is of a 10th gen.
I have the UR-AR16-236 installed. It fits pretty good but not perfect. Definitely makes a difference though.
I also have the UR rear strut tower brace but I don't know the part number right now.
Great info! So you would recommend the AR16-236? What do you mean by it only fitting pretty good? That is the bar that goes below the rear sway bar right? So, I'm thinking of getting the TRD rear sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace (officially for 10th gen), the Megan Racing H brace bracket, and possibly some Ultra Racing bars. I mostly play with my car on windy mountain roads so I want the best handling possible. The UR site isn't too clear on what's available exactly. I don't know what to get!

Great info! So you would recommend the AR16-236? What do you mean by it only fitting pretty good? That is the bar that goes below the rear sway bar right? So, I'm thinking of getting the TRD rear sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace (officially for 10th gen), the Megan Racing H brace bracket, and possibly some Ultra Racing bars. I mostly play with my car on windy mountain roads so I want the best handling possible. The UR site isn't too clear on what's available exactly. I don't know what to get!
Yes, I would recommend the AR16-236. It fits, just install all the hardware first and then tighten. Leave everything loose and work it in from side to side. Installing the TRD RSB at the same time would be beneficial since both bars use the same bolts to mount to the axle.
I have all the other bars that you mentioned plus the UR rear strut tower brace. All were easy to install.
Made a huge difference in the handling! I probably need to do rims and tires soon. I think I can out handle the stock wheels now!!! Lol

The 2014 Altis and Corolla have the same chassis underneath so all the bars should fit. As for the image, I'm pretty sure that's the 11th gen in the picture. The image that they have for the 10th gen is this:

If everything fails, just call or email Ultra Racing directly and see what they have to say. There is a slight possibility that you may actually have a 10th gen bar but I doubt it. If Ultra Racing isn't responding to you, I will see if I can contact them myself.
By all means, if you can find out anything, let me know!!

Yes, I would recommend the AR16-236. It fits, just install all the hardware first and then tighten. Leave everything loose and work it in from side to side. Installing the TRD RSB at the same time would be beneficial since both bars use the same bolts to mount to the axle.
I have all the other bars that you mentioned plus the UR rear strut tower brace. All were easy to install.
Made a huge difference in the handling! I probably need to do rims and tires soon. I think I can out handle the stock wheels now!!! Lol
How do you install the UR rear strut tower brace? All the others are self explanatory haha.

How do you install the UR rear strut tower brace? All the others are self explanatory haha.
Fold down rear seats. The carpet covers the strut towers. There are three bolts that hold the strut to the car. The forward bolt is what you want. I watched a video where someone used the top of the struts. Don't worry the bar won't line up there anyways. I had to cut holes in the carpet so it would look nice. Torque is 29 foot pounds.
It was pretty easy to do. I think it took about 30 minutes.
Yeah, the biggest problem I have with Ultra Racing is they provide ZERO instructions. No torque values, nothing.
I'm about to start making this shit myself! Can't be that difficult to measure and weld some pipes together. Lol!

Fold down rear seats. The carpet covers the strut towers. There are three bolts that hold the strut to the car. The forward bolt is what you want. I watched a video where someone used the top of the struts. Don't worry the bar won't line up there anyways. I had to cut holes in the carpet so it would look nice. Torque is 29 foot pounds.
It was pretty easy to do. I think it took about 30 minutes.
Yeah, the biggest problem I have with Ultra Racing is they provide ZERO instructions. No torque values, nothing.
I'm about to start making this shit myself! Can't be that difficult to measure and weld some pipes together. Lol!
Very true man, hahaha I bet you'd get a lot of business on here.

So I just want to sum this up as there is conflicting information then its corrected...strut tower braces, front and rear, they fit the 2014 Corolla no problem? Im going to order them now, lol. And even tho the websight says its for a 2012, its no trouble? Great job on this Chris!

So I just want to sum this up as there is conflicting information then its corrected...strut tower braces, front and rear, they fit the 2014 Corolla no problem? Im going to order them now, lol. And even tho the websight says its for a 2012, its no trouble? Great job on this Chris!
I have the rear strut tower brace by Ultra Racing and the front strut tower brace by TRD. I do not have the Ultra Racing front strut tower brace, so I can't honestly answer.
In the rear I have the TRD rear sway bar AND the Ultra Racing rear sway bar. They use the same bolts but mount differently.
Do not buy the two bars mentioned above/below. They will NOT fit.
UR-RLS4-262P
UR-RL2-446
Also, where are you ordering from?
I went to http://www.throwdownperformance.com
I also have the Megan Racing H bracket, in the front.

hello! I have all the similar parts, I actually watched a lot of Chris Denton's videos, thank you for posting up those videos!. I recently installed the UR 6 point chassis bracing, which its 2 bars that run along the side on the corolla from front wheel base to the back wheel base. I can honestly say my 2017 corolla se handles way better then when I bought it. I would like to continue to buy more parts from UR and share my info with other corolla enthusiast. please feel free to contact me anytime

Attachments