Universal Rear View Side Mirror Rain Visor

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Interesting product.

For those of us that live in the norther regions and have to deal with snow, that would help keep snow off the rear view mirror too.

Looks like I will not be able to install them until I get a heat gun this weekend. The tips were slightly warped so I will need to get a heat gun and fix them. I will post pics this weekend when I install them.

Atlanta got the "snow storm" last year and it created enough traffic to make NYC blush (it was barely 1" of snow). Apparently Georgia drivers freak out like California drivers do in snow.

Last time I hit snow outside of Anza, people in SUVs were pulling over and chaining up ... I passed them in my '96 GT, no chains, with my rear tires past the tread wear indicators ...bunch of nubsicles.

Atlanta got the "snow storm" last year and it created enough traffic to make NYC blush (it was barely 1" of snow). Apparently Georgia drivers freak out like California drivers do in snow.

Last time I hit snow outside of Anza, people in SUVs were pulling over and chaining up ... I passed them in my '96 GT, no chains, with my rear tires past the tread wear indicators ...bunch of nubsicles.
:lol:

Exactly what Donabed said. I live in the south, man. They close schools if someone even says the word snow.

Actually, Atlanta got two storms earlier this year. The intestates were a scene from the Walking Dead or something.

LMAO Stu. How do people crash in that? You can still see the lane markings!
Probably because they don't know how to drive in the snow. See, here in Atlanta, we have two snow plows. Bubba, and his brother Earl bolt on some 2x4s and plywood on the front of their pickup trucks. Bam! Snow plow.

The problem is, we have about 100 miles of Interstates and thousands of miles of surface streets. So Bubba and Earl can't get to all the roads. On that day, the snow started falling and about an hour later, 150,000 people who work in Atlanta left all at once. Since Bubba and Earl got stuck in traffic, they couldn't plow the roads.

I may order some of these Universal Rear View Side Mirror visors for Bubba and Earl. That may help next year.

(In all seriousness, the snow that did fall was getting packed down and GDOT failed miserably in getting de-icer on the roads before the snow started and ATL was evacuated. It took me about 3 hours to get home [normal commute is about 45 min]. I know people who spent 6, 8, even 12 hours on the road.)

Well I woke up today and saw he visors on the floor...cheap 3M knockoff double-sided tape was used so...shockerrrr...I would recommend using real 3M double-sided tape if you plan on using these visors.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
For the amount you paid. And to ship b ship back. Not worth it!

By observing the shape, texture you may be better off if you plan to keep them on to micro screw them in with some selicone

But I ot. Other and toss them to the heap. Or send to Scott

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Most likely the part will be kept as a present, and a new one shipped. so you can have the defective one, I'll take the new one.

cleaning is key 93-97% alcohol that good stuff isoprowhatever

yeah this would be great for the winter but the defroster window and cleaning it before you ride would do the trick. I live in Toronto and we can get some heavy winter weather!

I would like to see these on a car to see if I like them. Must see it in person!