USB Skip Track (WMA Files) Using Steering Wheel Control

2014 LE. I have a memory stick in the USB port.

According to the owner's manual, if I hold down either "radio button" (the up arrow or down arrow) on the round control on the steering wheel, the music should skip to the next song in the current folder. Instead, those buttons fast forward or fast reverse the current song only.

I CAN switch from song to song using the right knob on the actual radio, but I'd rather use the steering wheel buttons.

Works in mine (on the steering wheel) :
Left and right for fast forward or rewind. Up and down for next or previous song.
But I never "hold" the up and down, just a quick push (same on the unit buttons)
Maybe that's the explanation. Otherwise, some kind of malfunction.

Last edited:
Same with mine using a flash drive. I have a 2014 LE Eco with the head unit upgraded to the Entune Premium With Apps Suite out of a 2016 Corolla XRS. Steering wheel control will not allow me to browse through music on a flash drive or memory stick of any sort, but works fine with a IPod.

Thomas

Same with mine using a flash drive. I have a 2014 LE Eco with the head unit upgraded to the Entune Premium With Apps Suite out of a 2016 Corolla XRS. Steering wheel control will not allow me to browse through music on a flash drive or memory stick of any sort, but works fine with a IPod.
Did you install the GPS antenna? If not, what does the maps app do when you try to run it?