VIDEO - Tire Pressure Monitoring System, TPMS - What is it and How Does it Work?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
system has a bat in it, so it can be expensive to change. pay attention to the lite, will help tell you if you get a flat etc.

park car in stop to reset switch located center under dash to the front. hold for a few good seconds to reset after inflating air. if driving it cancels.

If you have a blowout, you'd find out before the TPMS threw a light. Also, that is the incorrect relearn procedure.

You turn the ignition switch to on (engine not running), and hold the reset switch until the TPMS light blinks three times. You have to wait a minute for the sensor data to get a stable reading and save in the PCM before starting the car and driving it, as driving the car causes the pressure to increase and will store invalid settings into the PCM.

Also, you do this only when the cold inflation pressure is set. Usually I fill up my tires at around 42 p.s.i. or so since gas pump gauges can be inaccurate, drive to where I'm going, and I bleed off the excess pressure after 4 hours when the tires are cool, then reset the TPMS system to store the new pressure.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
yes general information . only tire that gets pressure like that will be the spare @60PSI. All tires from type A, type, b, type c, type d, etc.. will be the max of 30psi front, 32 psi rear. sill Sticker, tire, book....

procedure on pg 337. owner's manual

Maybe todays times have changed for PSI but the traditional Soft ride is the better and safer keeping the wheel, tire correctly touching the ground

42 is just a temporary pressure (gas pump air stations tend to have gauges that are inaccurate so I fill up to their 42. Also, warm tires will increase the pressure roughly 3 p.s.i.)

Once I park, and the tires cool down, I bleed down to 34. The sticker says 32 but I corner hard and tend to feather the edge of the tires at 32, so I bump up to 34 to keep my tire wear even.