Want to put a LED STRIP in my font headlights

I want to put a full LED STRIP into my front headlights, I searched the forums and have not found anyone showing how to take the headlight apart. Does anyone know? Not sure if its clips or glued together like some cars. I would like to put a strip like in this picture, give me some ideas if anyone has any on how to take the headlight apart to put the strip inside. maxresdefault.jpg

There's a very high chance that it is permasealed and the only way to open it is to use a dremel to cut in between the housing and lens. You can try to heat it up in an oven (there are youtube guides to do this) and pry it apart to see if it's permasealed or not.

I know the side mirror signals are permasealed. At first glance the headlamp doesn't seem to be. You can place it in an oven but it is risky. There's a chance you can melt the solder on the LED assembly and damage it. I'd probably use a heat gun and stay away from the LED assembly, and see if you can get it apart that way.

So I figured out a much easier solution. There's a space underneath of the headlight, I put the LED there and it looks great then wired directly into the headlight wiring. If anyone wants to see what it looks like I'll post a picture

Hi I would like to see it . Can u please post a picture? I been wanted to add that to my vehicle but everywhere I go the shops says that they don't do it

So I figured out a much easier solution. There's a space underneath of the headlight, I put the LED there and it looks great then wired directly into the headlight wiring. If anyone wants to see what it looks like I'll post a picture

The wiring went from the led directly into the turning lights so when I turn my headlights on the LEDs come on will update with picture soon sorry

I want to put a full LED STRIP into my front headlights, I searched the forums and have not found anyone showing how to take the headlight apart. Does anyone know? Not sure if its clips or glued together like some cars. I would like to put a strip like in this picture, give me some ideas if anyone has any on how to take the headlight apart to put the strip inside. View attachment 1813

I just wouldn't do it at all, if your not a professional DO NOT separate the headlight housing by melting the glue, chances are you will not seal it back correctly and BOOM now you get moisture inside and fuck up your headlights.....you can glue them to the outside of the headlight but i think that would look extremely tacky unless you find space to hide wires.....long story short just don't do it c:

I just wouldn't do it at all, if your not a professional DO NOT separate the headlight housing by melting the glue, chances are you will not seal it back correctly and BOOM now you get moisture inside and fuck up your headlights.....you can glue them to the outside of the headlight but i think that would look extremely tacky unless you find space to hide wires.....long story short just don't do it c:
dang son, where'd you get those fog lights?

Youtube has videos on opening up headlights, once you get the headlights housing out, stick it in the oven (LOW LOW LOW TEMPERATURE) lift the clips and separate the lens from the rest of the housing, if the housing cools off the permaseal will solidify again so reheat and repeat, pull the remaining excess permaseal off both the lens and housing and apply new seal product carefully (very messy) I recommend latex gloves and a wooden popsicle stick

On my Corolla I put DRLs into the lower grill, I wouldn't mind adding something to the headlights but I'm no expert at opening them, especially since ours are pricy I wouldn't want to even try. $13 on ebay. The LED under the headlights isn't a bad option, but to me it feels cheap which is funny because the LEDs I used are cheap lol

Last edited:
On my Corolla I put DRLs into the lower grill, I wouldn't mind adding something to the headlights but I'm no expert at opening them, especially since ours are pricy I wouldn't want to even try. $13 on ebay. The LED under the headlights isn't a bad option, but to me it feels cheap which is funny because the LEDs I used are cheap lol

Very nice, your using Eagle Eye LEDs from Ebay right?

This looks amazing man! I just still don't understand where exactly you put the LED strips "under" the light housing. Can you be more specific please?