weapon r header

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Jason Yi, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Jason Yi

Jason Yi New Member

Hey corolla forum
    I was reading through post and I saw some posts about weapon r headers and I searched it up and also did live chat with the website assistance but told me there is none... I was wondering which one it is? I would love to get one for my 15 corolla

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I think they only advertise up to the 2013 model year but should be the same.
    Also check DC headers.

Jason Yi likes this.
  4. OP
    Jason Yi

Jason Yi New Member

Thanks Chris! Do you have a header too? which one is better because I hear Weapon R last long and function better?

Attached Files:

5. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I don’t have one, yet. But also looking into it!

6. Ironfly11234

Ironfly11234 New Member

I know that Weapon-R makes one for the 09-14 models. So I’d think they would work with the 15 because they’re the same as the 2014

Aj Dodson likes this.
  7. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

8. Owen

Owen New Member

If they go on the 15, what about the 16?

9. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

It says 2009-17 so that would be a yes according to Weapon R. I just put mine on and it really helps the whole power band. CVT still sucks but oh well highway pulls are much better especially with the Pedal Commander.

Chris Denton likes this.
  10. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

Guess I’ll be placing an order this week. Do they come with gaskets?

11. Owen

Owen New Member

It says on the site that all race headers delete the cats. But in the picture on the site it just looks like the front part of the header that connects to the first cat. Did yours come long tuned when your ordered them?

12. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

No mine came just like the picture. So the CAT stays. I deleted the secondary cat after the O2 sensor. It says race header because it does not have an CARB EO number. I tried ordering it from different states and both rejected shipping the header to me because of that. Then I called Weapon R directly and asked if they would send it to me and they did but I had to pay the full price instead of 100 bucks cheaper in the other 2 states that I tried ordering them from.

13. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

It comes with an "O" ring gasket for the lower part and 2 bolts. No gasket for the top part of the manifold.

14. Owen

Owen New Member

Oh alright. Good to know. I actually did the same. Got ride of the second cat behind the sensor and took the resonator off. And has a borla axel back. I think I'll just leave the 1st dat on. It's deep already. And then the new headers will just be the last part for my exhaust!

ssd-corolla likes this.
  15. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

Yup that is what I did except I put a magnaflow 4" inch muffler (deeper tone) with the J2 exhaust axle back. I think at this point it would be too much work and too much $$$ to get rid of the CAT especially in California.

16. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

Header
    Magnaflow and Vibrant resonator
    NST pulley
    J2 Axle back painted black

Attached Files:

17. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

What did you use then?

18. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

I re used the same exhaust manifold gasket. The mechanic who installed the header said it was not damaged and did not need replacing. We did up using the other items that weapon r sent. Exhaust O ring and spring bolts.

Chris Denton likes this.
  19. Ironfly11234

Ironfly11234 New Member

Any noticeable difference with the NST pulley?

20. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

For sure. I noticed right away. Granted I have the CVT, so I need all the help I can get. LOL. I re used the OEM belt just had to tighten it all the way. Revs a bit faster.

21. Ironfly11234

Ironfly11234 New Member

Cool, def might check it out

22. Rylee

Rylee New Member

Check out a p2r throttle bottle spacer added quite a bit of tourque for sure, I have about every mod possible besides a turbo or supercharger, and I’ve barley noticed anything, definitely needs a tune

23. ZeCorolla

ZeCorolla I Love Corolla's!

Just wondering, what exactly do you have for performance mods? If you could, could you make a list.

24. Rylee

Rylee New Member

W
    Weapon r header
    Straight pipe to j2 cat back
    Weapon r intake
    Jet performance mass air flow sensor
    Nst light weight pully
    P2r throttle body spacer
    Pedal commander
    Basically every bolt on but next I want to get a MWR light weight crank shaft.
    I have a 2016 CVT Model
    There’s definitely a difference but not worth the money for a CVT kinda my fault still love the car though!

25. ZeCorolla

ZeCorolla I Love Corolla's!

Yeah, you'd probably notice more of a difference in a manual. I think a tune would help a lot though. As far as the lightweight crank, would you want to install this on it's own or with some of the other MWR 2ZR internals. I'd think it would be better to combine it with the other upgraded internals since the engine is already apart but it also costs more money.

26. ssd-corolla

ssd-corolla New Member

I just installed it with other bolt ons and let it be. I have 3k miles on it and no issues. If issued do arise I have the extended Max Care with Carmax. bumper to bumper!