weapon r header

Hey corolla forum
I was reading through post and I saw some posts about weapon r headers and I searched it up and also did live chat with the website assistance but told me there is none... I was wondering which one it is? I would love to get one for my 15 corolla

Hey corolla forum
I was reading through post and I saw some posts about weapon r headers and I searched it up and also did live chat with the website assistance but told me there is none... I was wondering which one it is? I would love to get one for my 15 corolla
I think they only advertise up to the 2013 model year but should be the same.
Also check DC headers.

It says 2009-17 so that would be a yes according to Weapon R. I just put mine on and it really helps the whole power band. CVT still sucks but oh well highway pulls are much better especially with the Pedal Commander.

It says 2009-17 so that would be a yes according to Weapon R. I just put mine on and it really helps the whole power band. CVT still sucks but oh well highway pulls are much better especially with the Pedal Commander.
Guess I’ll be placing an order this week. Do they come with gaskets?

Owen

It says on the site that all race headers delete the cats. But in the picture on the site it just looks like the front part of the header that connects to the first cat. Did yours come long tuned when your ordered them?

It says on the site that all race headers delete the cats. But in the picture on the site it just looks like the front part of the header that connects to the first cat. Did yours come long tuned when your ordered them?
No mine came just like the picture. So the CAT stays. I deleted the secondary cat after the O2 sensor. It says race header because it does not have an CARB EO number. I tried ordering it from different states and both rejected shipping the header to me because of that. Then I called Weapon R directly and asked if they would send it to me and they did but I had to pay the full price instead of 100 bucks cheaper in the other 2 states that I tried ordering them from.

Owen

No mine came just like the picture. So the CAT stays. I deleted the secondary cat after the O2 sensor. It says race header because it does not have an CARB EO number. I tried ordering it from different states and both rejected shipping the header to me because of that. Then I called Weapon R directly and asked if they would send it to me and they did but I had to pay the full price instead of 100 bucks cheaper in the other 2 states that I tried ordering them from.
Oh alright. Good to know. I actually did the same. Got ride of the second cat behind the sensor and took the resonator off. And has a borla axel back. I think I'll just leave the 1st dat on. It's deep already. And then the new headers will just be the last part for my exhaust!

Oh alright. Good to know. I actually did the same. Got ride of the second cat behind the sensor and took the resonator off. And has a borla axel back. I think I'll just leave the 1st dat on. It's deep already. And then the new headers will just be the last part for my exhaust!
Yup that is what I did except I put a magnaflow 4" inch muffler (deeper tone) with the J2 exhaust axle back. I think at this point it would be too much work and too much $$$ to get rid of the CAT especially in California.

Rylee

Check out a p2r throttle bottle spacer added quite a bit of tourque for sure, I have about every mod possible besides a turbo or supercharger, and I’ve barley noticed anything, definitely needs a tune

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Check out a p2r throttle bottle spacer added quite a bit of tourque for sure, I have about every mod possible besides a turbo or supercharger, and I’ve barley noticed anything, definitely needs a tune
Just wondering, what exactly do you have for performance mods? If you could, could you make a list.

Rylee

W
Just wondering, what exactly do you have for performance mods? If you could, could you make a list.
Weapon r header
Straight pipe to j2 cat back
Weapon r intake
Jet performance mass air flow sensor
Nst light weight pully
P2r throttle body spacer
Pedal commander
Basically every bolt on but next I want to get a MWR light weight crank shaft.
I have a 2016 CVT Model
There’s definitely a difference but not worth the money for a CVT kinda my fault still love the car though!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
W

Weapon r header
Straight pipe to j2 cat back
Weapon r intake
Jet performance mass air flow sensor
Nst light weight pully
P2r throttle body spacer
Pedal commander
Basically every bolt on but next I want to get a MWR light weight crank shaft.
I have a 2016 CVT Model
There’s definitely a difference but not worth the money for a CVT kinda my fault still love the car though!
Yeah, you'd probably notice more of a difference in a manual. I think a tune would help a lot though. As far as the lightweight crank, would you want to install this on it's own or with some of the other MWR 2ZR internals. I'd think it would be better to combine it with the other upgraded internals since the engine is already apart but it also costs more money.

Yeah, you'd probably notice more of a difference in a manual. I think a tune would help a lot though. As far as the lightweight crank, would you want to install this on it's own or with some of the other MWR 2ZR internals. I'd think it would be better to combine it with the other upgraded internals since the engine is already apart but it also costs more money.
I just installed it with other bolt ons and let it be. I have 3k miles on it and no issues. If issued do arise I have the extended Max Care with Carmax. bumper to bumper!

So I bought the header, and a new manifold gasket and I’ve shipped the header to Jet-Hot to have it coated.
Took advantage of the Black Friday sales and also purchased the tuner module from OrangeVirus.

I will probably install the header myself, so any tips and tricks would be appreciated!! Like, easier from the underside, remove the intermediate pipe, etc...

Also, does anyone have the torque specs?

Attachments

The parts I've highlighted have me confused. They don't seem to go together. However, I know very little about cars. Could you explain a bit?

The parts I've highlighted have me confused. They don't seem to go together. However, I know very little about cars. Could you explain a bit?
Think of torque as twist. Or rotational force.
There is equipment available to tune a cars computer in order to gain performance.
Much like you would tune a guitar when you install new strings.

Think of torque as twist. Or rotational force.
There is equipment available to tune a cars computer in order to gain performance.
Much like you would tune a guitar when you install new strings.
I understood the second thing I highlighted. It's that in combination with the first part I highlighted - "throttle bottle spacer added quite a bit of tourque for sure" - that I don't get. Did the torque show up without a tune, or did it need a tune before the torque would show up?

Or is it that the extra torque is of no use without the tuning? That seems odd. It ought to be good for something.

(Interestingly enough, I do play guitar. Not well, however.)

I understood the second thing I highlighted. It's that in combination with the first part I highlighted - "throttle bottle spacer added quite a bit of tourque for sure" - that I don't get. Did the torque show up without a tune, or did it need a tune before the torque would show up?

Or is it that the extra torque is of no use without the tuning? That seems odd. It ought to be good for something.

(Interestingly enough, I do play guitar. Not well, however.)
Some bolt on parts will allow the engine to make more torque, with no other modifications. But it’s possible to squeeze a little more out, with a tune.