What Did You Do to Your Corolla Today?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
What did I do. road had a inverted Pimple. Corolla's front tire POW, blew the side ripped 2 inch rip? at a stop light and well as quick as it happened. to the side. safely got the tools out changed the rear to a Doughnut. rested up some, and then changed the full sized tire to the front full sized tire.

Pull the E-Brake when changing or your jack will fall.

road 110 miles round trio, 30 miles in a snow storm, got to he tire shop, and quoted $130.00 total.
tire arrived 1 hour later, called, came down. Owner deducted 20.00, and paid wit ha big smile, tipping the worker, and off I went with a new good year.

Discontinued tire s for the past few years. what I did a few days ago,, to my corolla

reminds me to go get tough cleaner

fishycomics

Super Moderator
So today 4 cars from the Traffic light. cops pull up a car ahead, leaving 2 cars o the traffic light, no one in front. Okay.I am going to get pulled over. Did I do anything Nope If you flowed me, you know I have now only the front sides tinted and the back full window. they ask for the whole nine yards. I kindly ask, Do you mind me asking officer why I am being pulled to the side? Tints. they do a reading its 42% we talk, and we agree it is safer to remove than get pulled over. off we go.

So what I did today was removed in 20 degree plus weather one driver side tint off.I have one pass and one rear window left. Lol...Each officer will tell you a different story thisone doesn't like front windows, the other back windows, go figure

I as well got a screw about 1.5in. thought the tire needed air, and when I inspected, the screw inbetween the treds. I got the ole plug in there.wow I am getting older, had to persuade that sucker in.

well what I will do another day remove more tint and leave my back window hell alone I got a lot better things to worry bout then 100.00 tint LOl

So today 4 cars from the Traffic light. cops pull up a car ahead, leaving 2 cars o the traffic light, no one in front. Okay.I am going to get pulled over. Did I do anything Nope If you flowed me, you know I have now only the front sides tinted and the back full window. they ask for the whole nine yards. I kindly ask, Do you mind me asking officer why I am being pulled to the side? Tints. they do a reading its 42% we talk, and we agree it is safer to remove than get pulled over. off we go.

So what I did today was removed in 20 degree plus weather one driver side tint off.I have one pass and one rear window left. Lol...Each officer will tell you a different story thisone doesn't like front windows, the other back windows, go figure

I as well got a screw about 1.5in. thought the tire needed air, and when I inspected, the screw inbetween the treds. I got the ole plug in there.wow I am getting older, had to persuade that sucker in.

well what I will do another day remove more tint and leave my back window hell alone I got a lot better things to worry bout then 100.00 tint LOl
Window Tint is for gangsters, but then again how many gangsters do you see driving Toyotas?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Today before gas jumps higher, I treated the car to some plus gas. I cleaned up the inside some, before you know it, in 16 days it's Spring. One less thing to Clean.

Window Tint is for gangsters, but then again how many gangsters do you see driving Toyotas?
I got 20% on all windows and i personally think is good in the summertime when the sun hits in the drivers side it won't burn you, and it also helps prevent thiefs because they can't look inside the car. I've only been pulled over once and it was because i was going around in circles looking for parking at 3am. I seen cars with worst and like you say how many gangsters drive Toyotas.

Last three days were spend lining the left drivers cubby, lower cubby with the lighter in it and top glove box with felt "noise reduction" (as described on ebay) tape. Today the 'Rolla has 4 new tires. the tires are lighter so my car now has 134 hp

The weather here in Indy was decent enough today, that I went to Auto Zone and picked up a panel removal tool and went to the Wal Mart I work at and picked up a pair of Sylvania 194 6K LED's. It was easy enough to take off the plastic screws and replacing the lights, though I did manage to make a very small nick on the paint in the top part of the trunk itself. Nothing too major and wouldn't know it unless you were looking for it. May take it to the car wash tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
well I just did an oil change not sure if I did it at 65 or 60and will need to add ATF as it looks a Qt low. give or take.when a shop is open I shall pour in ,do a review nothing more

Relocated the "S" symbol to the front as homage to the Corollas prior. Not sure if I'm keeping it there or doing away with it completely. What do you guys think? image.jpeg

I got dinged in the parking lot by an old lady. We spent ten minutes trying to figure out which dent she caused. After much deliberation, we came to the realization that the car has hit everything but the lottery. She offered to pay me $50 bucks for the dent she may have caused (I think it was already there) I declined. She shoved twenty in my hand and I accepted. Filled the tank, didn't take all the twenty. 1.95 per gallon. It was a good day. Did I mention my car won't win any beauty contests?

Super hard to get a ding on todays car due to the flex. but heck gives it character right?
Mine is an 05. Believe me, it will ding. I think this thing will be like Will E Coyote when the house blows up and the window is still there. The car will fall apart and the engine and trans will still be going! It's like the Energizer Bunny. Going and going and going.... It's rougher than a night in jail, but it never lets me down.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Mine is an 05. Believe me, it will ding. I think this thing will be like Will E Coyote when the house blows up and the window is still there. The car will fall apart and the engine and trans will still be going! It's like the Energizer Bunny. Going and going and going.... It's rougher than a night in jail, but it never lets me down.
Oh I hear ya and not disagreeing or arguing. 05 is a good car. we're off ina month or two for a 16. so yeah keep her going they last forever....

awesome never can I get a job done well like that looks awesome, what paint did you use?
its really all in the prep, and never get in a rush. I used a satin trim paint made by Mar- Hyde for the black and since I was painting over the plastic chrome emblem I used ceramic paint (used for high heat, aka brake caliber paint) both in a rattle can from Orielly's Auto Parts store, both Advance and AutoZone carry it as well as Napa. Cost for both was about $15.00 bucks. I use a paint prep cleaner that removes all wax, silicone, grease remover. Then I scuffed it with a 600 grit sand paper, cleaned it again with the prep solvent. Then laid down 4 thin coats down, which the first two just barely covered, but coats three and four did the trick. I then went on to paint my wheels with the new paint made just for refinishing wheels from Dupli-Color 160713_090046_COLLAGE-1.jpg about 12 bucks a can. I cleaned them really well with vinegar and purple power (don't ever use it on your car it will etch it forever, from experience I learned that LOL) then I used the paint prep and then scuffed them with 600 grit took about 10 minutes a wheel, then cleaned them once again with the paint prep

Fixed my never ending seat belt alarm that would continue to beep even after seat belt was on...washed and cleaned her up and filled ip the gas tank

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Gonna tear into the pass window and replace the motor.

I did the led strip and I went a step further on the trunk with one on the top of the license plate. and have it slowly increase and decrease in lighting. all the Jerks out there that like to tail gate