What do you guys think?!

Hey guys, I've promised a bunch of people on this site a good post about what I've done to my car for quite some time, I've just been so busy with work and school, but here it finally is!

So this is my 2014 Corolla S Plus in Slate Gray Metallic.
The modifications I've done so far are:

K&N Cabin and Engine Filters
Borla Exhaust
Plasti Dipped the lip spoiler, badges, gas cap, eyelids, and front black grille in matte black
Overlaid 2 layers of yellow vinyl over each fog light
Replaced every single light in the car with LEDs except for the main headlights because they already are LED (lol), the fog lights which I replaced with yellow halogens, and the High Beams which I replaced with Philips CrystalVision Ultra's
The above lights replaced with LEDs includes map lights, dome light, brake lights, license plate lights, side markers, reverse lights, and all turn signals including the side mirrors. The front turn signals are switchbacks that are white when on with the headlights, but flash off and amber when used as a turn signal.
I extended the map light circuit down to the footwells with some white LED strips
I installed remote controlled ambient footwell lighting (multi color modes)
I tied a seatbelt cutter / glass breaker to that handle above the door. Hypothetically in an accident this should stay on the inside of the car from the curtain airbag.
I installed a white LED strip in the glove box connected to a magnetic switch, all powered by a fuse tap.
I tinted my tail lights using VHT nightshades in a unique pattern I came up with.
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
Toyota Wheel Locks
Painted my brake calipers red with VHT caliper paint
TRD tire valve caps (+5hp)

Since I've taken these photos I've removed the plasti dip off of my grille, I completely redid the tail lights better with VHT nightshades and clearcoat, and I'm planning on soon debadging, removing all plasti dip and replacing it with real black paint and clearcoat, and maybe removing the yellow from the fog lights and going with LEDs down there too. I used to think matte looked sick, now I want a good shine! What do you guys think?

This is the first 10 photos. I'll comment the rest.

IMG_8571.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8596.JPG IMG_8598.JPG IMG_8602.JPG IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8606.JPG IMG_8607.JPG IMG_8571.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8596.JPG IMG_8598.JPG IMG_8602.JPG IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8606.JPG IMG_8607.JPG

JoshTRD

wrap your console with carbon fiber vinyl, if your able to wrap your foglight you can easily do this....first you gotta take off the faceplate....its not hard to do....and i still have it on and love it because i did a good job and it looks much more sporty inside IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0867.JPG

Looks great! I wonder if there would be a way to put a thin layer of real carbon fiber over it rather than vinyl.. Although your setup looks great, the real thing looks amazing. And yeah the trim in this car is extremely easy to work with. (btw J-Eazy?) you a G Eazy fan? lmao

Quick question on the glove box lighting. You used a fuse tap right? I've never used on but basically the tap plugs in to the fuse box under the steering column. Only the pos wire plugs in and you ground somewhere else right?

Hey guys, I've promised a bunch of people on this site a good post about what I've done to my car for quite some time, I've just been so busy with work and school, but here it finally is!

So this is my 2014 Corolla S Plus in Slate Gray Metallic.
The modifications I've done so far are:

K&N Cabin and Engine Filters
Borla Exhaust
Plasti Dipped the lip spoiler, badges, gas cap, eyelids, and front black grille in matte black
Overlaid 2 layers of yellow vinyl over each fog light
Replaced every single light in the car with LEDs except for the main headlights because they already are LED (lol), the fog lights which I replaced with yellow halogens, and the High Beams which I replaced with Philips CrystalVision Ultra's
The above lights replaced with LEDs includes map lights, dome light, brake lights, license plate lights, side markers, reverse lights, and all turn signals including the side mirrors. The front turn signals are switchbacks that are white when on with the headlights, but flash off and amber when used as a turn signal.
I extended the map light circuit down to the footwells with some white LED strips
I installed remote controlled ambient footwell lighting (multi color modes)
I tied a seatbelt cutter / glass breaker to that handle above the door. Hypothetically in an accident this should stay on the inside of the car from the curtain airbag.
I installed a white LED strip in the glove box connected to a magnetic switch, all powered by a fuse tap.
I tinted my tail lights using VHT nightshades in a unique pattern I came up with.
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
Toyota Wheel Locks
Painted my brake calipers red with VHT caliper paint
TRD tire valve caps (+5hp)

Since I've taken these photos I've removed the plasti dip off of my grille, I completely redid the tail lights better with VHT nightshades and clearcoat, and I'm planning on soon debadging, removing all plasti dip and replacing it with real black paint and clearcoat, and maybe removing the yellow from the fog lights and going with LEDs down there too. I used to think matte looked sick, now I want a good shine! What do you guys think?

This is the first 10 photos. I'll comment the rest.

View attachment 1398 View attachment 1401 View attachment 1402 View attachment 1403 View attachment 1404 View attachment 1405 View attachment 1406 View attachment 1407 View attachment 1398 View attachment 1401 View attachment 1402 View attachment 1403 View attachment 1404 View attachment 1405 View attachment 1406 View attachment 1407
Looks sick!! I had a question the lights on the footwell do they turn on with the map light or do you have a switch or something ? I wanted to do the same but i only wanted them on when i opened the door or unlocked the car.

Looks sick!! I had a question the lights on the footwell do they turn on with the map light or do you have a switch or something ? I wanted to do the same but i only wanted them on when i opened the door or unlocked the car.
My footwell lights turn on with the map lights. specifically the right footwells with the right map light and so on. I literally just soldered some speaker wire to the contacts where the map light housing touches the light bulb (or LED) and extended them to the footwells using LED strips from ebay. so yes they tuen on when the car is unlocked or the door is opened or you press on the map light

Hey so that illuminated strip on your dash? is that some sort of LED strip? or is it glow in the dark? What's going on there? haha i definitely need something to spice up the interior.
And while we're talking, on another thread you had said you were going to install blue grille lights. Did you ever end up doing that? I totally want to see. thats probably the only colored exterior lighting i would do (yes i know its not road legal)

Its a street glow strip. You can get it on Amazon. Its hooked to the fuse and I can turn it on and off. I use it at car shows. I do car shows alot, I am part of a car club in Arizona. Our club is Themed Rides Car Club. I also have a Facebook page you can see more pictures of my car.
Just type in War Machine Corolla.

Nice Work man, Would love to do this to my 6pd! Any info you can give on the Ambient lights? Which Kind you used? Any certain configuration you decided to wire things for a certain purpose?

Well funny thing. Mine are some weird company I've never heard of before and I forget the name. They are multicolor and you can change them with a remote control. They were a gift so I couldn't throw it out and get a better brand ya know? LOL. I would go with LEDGlow if I had the choice. I just wired it in with a fuse tap and drilled a hole in one of the empty auxiliary switch ports and hot glued the IR receiver for the remote control in there. All 4 seats have the ambient lighting underneath.

Nice Work man, Would love to do this to my 6pd! Any info you can give on the Ambient lights? Which Kind you used? Any certain configuration you decided to wire things for a certain purpose?
Oops I meant to quote you for the other post above. ^ I wish I had gotten the 6spd. Do you know if it accelerates any faster than the CVT when using the fake manual mode? I knew nothing about cars when I bought mine.. As you can see that has changed haha

Yeah man, The 2016 model with 6pd is quick. Test driving it I thought it was a bit weak. Learning the gears, plus the engine opening up, the corolla really gained power. Plus the VVT-I Makes the car quickly catch into the most efficient groove, and the transmission maximizes all power. Being able to down shift fro 6-5 or Even 6-4 On certain occasions.

Pretty Much i went from buying a Corolla while a wait a year to lease a lexus... Now i like it so much I'm making it into a track car. I couldn't see me drivinf the CVT after having a '15 Camry Hybrid for a bit. Corolla is the only MT that toyota has, and I'm pretty excited to what suprises toyota built. CVT or MT.... atleast its a toyota lol.

Pretty Much i went from buying a Corolla while a wait a year to lease a lexus... Now i like it so much I'm making it into a track car. I couldn't see me drivinf the CVT after having a '15 Camry Hybrid for a bit. Corolla is the only MT that toyota has, and I'm pretty excited to what suprises toyota built. CVT or MT.... atleast its a toyota lol.
Yeah This is my first car, i'm 19 haha. In a couple years after I start making some good money I'll probably end up selling the rolla and going for a Subaru WRX STI or Ford Focus RS whichever is the better option at that point.