What Gas Do You Use?

hello. what gas do you use to pump your corolla? regular plus or premium? is there a difference?

also if i mix different grade gas ex: plus and reg
is there a difference?

and WHAT GAS STATION IS RECOMMENDED? I JUST GO TO THE CHEAPEST ONE like united oil >.< i go to 76 and shell but what ever is cheap.

cb500f

Interestingly enough I was just thinking about this very question yesterday. I pulled into the gas station (only the 3rd time I am filling up) and I noticed that on the gas cap intself there is a cross through some numbers .. for the life of me I can't remember what the grade was .... but I was confused about what grade to put in .... I went with the middle one.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Gas is down to $2.55-$3.25 average around the States.

You may find a Higher/lower price. From a Major or off brand company.

I find using Race Track Gas stations to have a very clean station, and well lit, even Loves is an awesome Station, As well Wawa then some Citgo, Chevron, Mobile. Valero(something like that)?Hess is okay

If you stick to top tier gas, you'll be better off. I've seen that BP recently claimed top tier status. However, I have had problems with BP's gas. It has gunked up my small engines, and I haven't had that problem since I switched. I have also noticed cars run a little worse with BP. I stay away from Walmart's Murphy gas on principle. Plus I don't trust them and hate the way they constantly change (manipulate) prices during the day.

USA
76 Stations
Aloha Petroleum
ARCO
Beacon
BP
Chevron
Conoco
Costco Wholesale
CountryMark
Diamond Shamrock
Entec Stations
Express Convenience Centers
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Road Ranger
Shamrock
Shell
Sinclair
Suncor Energy Inc
SuperAmerica
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Valero

CANADA
Chevron Canada
CO-OP
Esso
Petro-Canada
Shell Canada
Tempo

Source

Using anything beyond 87 octane is a waste of money. The car is tuned to run on 87 octane and is not high compression. I would stick to Chevron/Shell if you want good quality gas with good detergents and stay away from the cheapo ones. When it really comes down to it, your engine will thank you for spending the few extra cents per gallon for good gas several years later.