What is Your Current Average MPG?

I got mine new with just at 200 miles on it. I guess there was a lot of test driving being done on it or something but the average at purchase was 23MPG. 180 miles later I have bumped it up to 27.5MPG. Where are you guys sitting at and how many miles are you on?

Highway - 44 mpg @ 70 mph cruise control
City - 31-34 (on a good day)
- 23-28 (racing around)

NOTE: The higher levels of MPG only started appearing AFTER 5,000 miles. I bought the car when it had 8 miles, I test drove it when it was at 3 miles. (Yes, I test drove a car 5 miles lol).

I guess what I meant was what is your lifetime average MPG. It might just be my particular trim but one of the settings holds the lifetime average.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
Currently my display reads 41.3, but when I fueled up yesterday and checked it manually it was actually 42.3. The display is usually always wrong. The best I have gotten so far by checking it manually is 44.7 and manually checking it is always best with better accuracy. I manually check it on every fill up.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
Not all the time. The last fill up, before yesterday, the display still read 41.3 but the actual mileage was 38.8 because I was in a lot of traffic and not being too conservative.
I usually average 42-44 mpg.

Had my first fill up last week and on the dash it was showing 6.6l/100km (35.6MPG) and when I calculated on Fuelly.com it ended up being 6.34l/100km (37.1MPG). On my current tank, I've used half the tank and the dash is showing 6.2l/100km (37.94MPG).

46.0 mpg average over 162.7 miles on the highway according the the computer. CVT trans...obeying the posted speed limit which was 55-70 spending on construction.

No trickery either...no turning the car off and all that. Just cruise and the speed limit and probably an extra. 100lbs in the trunk.

Last edited:
46.0 mpg average over 162.7 miles on the highway according the the computer. CVT trans...obeying the posted speed limit which was 55-70 spending on construction.

No trickery either...no turning the car off and all that. Just cruise and the speed limit and probably an extra. 100lbs in the trunk.
I just got my S last Wednesday and I'm amazed how good it is on gas. I traded in my '11 Cruze, which I thought was good on gas, but after driving the Corolla, I wish I would of traded it in sooner. On the Cruze I had to drive it like an old grandma and the best I've ever gotten was 6.2l/100km (38MPG).

I have just had my Corolla LE Plus for 2 months and 800 miles. Recent check using the MPG feature I'm up to 29.4 MPG . City driving with a lot of stop and go and waiting at red lights. Only about 10% is freeway driving at 60 MPG.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
My combined averages have varied from 34-39mpg. On a long road trip I did see 43.1, however upon my destination it's an 11 mile island of stop/go traffic and it drastically reduced it.