What Size Oil Filter Wrench? '10 Corolla

Kev250R

This is my other car
So I'm getting ready to do an oil change on my new-to-me '10 Corolla and realized that I don't seem to have the correct-size tool to remove the oil filter. I know this car uses a canister-style filter so what do you all use for removing it, don't make me go to the dealer to buy one! LOL

Kevin

Kev250R

This is my other car
Awesome, this is just what I was looking for! I don't have any Advance Auto Parts near me but it looks like a place 10mins from me carries that brand and should have them in-stock.

Thanks again for the info!

Kevin

Kev250R

This is my other car
Just thought I'd update this thread. Here in So.Cal. we don't have any Advance Autoparts stores and in my area there is only one parts store which stocks Performance Tools couldn't get that particular part # however I was able to find it at Summit Racing for $6. They had it in-stock and I should have it here in a couple of days.

Just another source for those who need it.

Kevin

IFMJohn

Just thought I'd update this thread. Here in So.Cal. we don't have any Advance Autoparts stores and in my area there is only one parts store which stocks Performance Tools couldn't get that particular part # however I was able to find it at Summit Racing for $6. They had it in-stock and I should have it here in a couple of days.

Just another source for those who need it.

Kevin
Whatever person helped you either didn't care or didn't know what he/she was doing. I had 3-4 brands to choose from for filter sockets when I worked at oreillys and ive never had someone ask for one that I couldn't get within 24 hours. Sometimes its a matter of finding the filter and measuring it and then counting the flutes (flat spots on the filter) but its doable and anyone who cares about a customer would be able to do this.

Even if I wanted to be lazy I could call my support line and get a part number from them.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Kev250R - Well there are many AutoZone stores in your area and they should also be able to provide you the oil filter wrench for your car. Here is the store locator link for your area. There are many AutoZone stores in your neck of the woods -

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/st...tPage=storeLocatorResults&_requestid=17264051

By the way, I sent you a PM. Hold off on the oil change and get the good stuff in your Corolla instead to save money. :)

Last edited:

Kev250R

This is my other car
Thanks guys. Maybe I just caught the guys at O'Reily's on an off-day, I tried most of the ones which looked like they would fit but no luck.

I've never been much of a fan of Autozone (no real reason, just always seem to go to O'Reily). Summit Racing is a place I order parts from frequently for other projects I'm working on so it gave me a reason to add it to an order I was placing anyway.

Scott, I got your PM, I'll reply to it shortly. I already did an oil change on my Corolla (back when I thought getting the filter off would be no big deal) so now I'm just going to change the filter (when I get the right tool) and replace the oil I loose. I am interested in purchasing some product though for the other vehicle we talked about in the PM. We'll be talking :)

Kevin

I don't go to Autozone for political reasons, so I ended up switching to O'Reillys.

Ahhhh ... Summit Racing ... I lived in Reno, NV. My senior year in high school was spent working so that I could turn around and give them my paycheck for new parts for my Mustang.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I get that, I once re-routed a family vacation so I could stop-in and buy some things which I didn't want to have shipped :laughing: I've been a fan of theirs for years.

Kevin