Which Car Did You Come From?

Just like the title says, everyone states the car they came from before their 2014 Corolla.

Personally, I came from a 2010 VW Golf. It was a decent car, and I enjoyed the hatchback space. However, I started to see issues at the end of my 4 years lease, so I wanted to get into something more reliable and with better fuel economy.

a 1994 Dodge Dakota. it was my beater, drive to work vehicle. any time we had to go somewhere we would drive my wife's 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. Big difference from my pickup to my Corolla !!!! :)

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus
The Corolla is for my wife. She's been driving a 2000 Ford Focus for 12 years. It was a good car but we needed more space and the new Focus was just too small. I got her the Corolla to avoid buying a larger class car like the Fusion or Camry.

I still have a 2008 Civic Si which I love. I got it new and paid it off last year. It still runs great. I bought the Honda because of the claimed reliability and its lived up too it. I went to Toyota for the same reason, we'll see how it works out. The Corolla will not get anywhere near the abuse my Civic has.

Edit:
Forgot to mention the Corolla we got is a 14 S, in Super White. We love it so far.

Last edited:
I had a 2000 Chevy Malibu LS. Got it when it had 50,000 miles. At 97,000 the transmission had to be rebuilt and stuff. Miss the car but hate the "genius" GM engineering behind it.

I had a 2008 Matrix, bought it new and had just paid it off, but I had the itch for that new car smell and my Matrix was the base model, and I wanted something with options.

I beat the piss out of that Matrix for 75,000 miles and had to do nothing other than maintenance and normal wear and tear items to it (brakes, battery, tires). My 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 couldn't hack it, so I knew my next new car would be a Toyota.

Got my Super White 6MT S Plus for $20,300 with 2.9% APR. I couldn't say no to that.

2013 mazda3 GS-SKY. Was wrote off bought the corolla for replacemt. I miss the power of the mazda but prefer the corolla s. (Also a 2013)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The soul is a pretty crappy ride lol
To each their own of course but come on, for starters there is virtually no trunk space. My 2014 corolla had 4 times more trunk space. Why? Because to actually have a trunk in the Kia Soul you have to fold the rear seats.
Yeah, you gotta have luggage space. I like how big the trunk in the Corolla is, plus the rear seats.

I'm 6' even and 215 pounds. I fit in the back seat just fine with plenty of legroom.

1996 Saturn SL2, which was in bad shape but got $1000 in trade which was pretty close to what KBB wanted like that. Have had no problems so far, unlike when I bought most of the big 3 you had to take it back to have them put it together.

The 2010 LE is my wife's car , i drive a 2012 Outback LTd , we came off two Saabs mine was a 2007 9.3 SportCombi , hers a '92 Saab 900 Turbo Hatchback

2011 Rav4 V6 4WD. I loved this lil SUV, but the lease was almost up and thinking a bit ahead that I want to pay down student loans and get a house I decided I should get a cheaper car and something with better gas mileage. Love the Corolla so far! Not as quick as the Rav4, but damn near twice the mileage.

Came from a 07 Yaris (51,000 miles) with zero options except automatic transmission bc the wife doesn't drive stick. Family is growing plus one, needed more safety features: power windows and locks, abs, additional airbags and larger vehicle overall. Very happy with the upgrade. The Yaris served us well with great mileage and dependability. Looking forward to the good times with the 2014 Corolla S Plus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2006 Mazda 3 2.3. It was okay just hated the fact that it would require about 30 minutes to fill up at the gas station due to the pump stopping immediately after you pumped. Just recently found out there is a huge recall on Mazdas right now with this problem and the cause were spiders living in the fuel vapor canister or something like that. Love my white S-Plus so much that I might trade it in for the S-premium (fully loaded) during my 10K service next week.

2006 Mazda 3 2.3. It was okay just hated the fact that it would require about 30 minutes to fill up at the gas station due to the pump stopping immediately after you pumped. Just recently found out there is a huge recall on Mazdas right now with this problem and the cause were spiders living in the fuel vapor canister or something like that. Love my white S-Plus so much that I might trade it in for the S-premium (fully loaded) during my 10K service next week.
Nice, im also coming up on 10,000 miles and I have honestly considered trading my silver s plus loaded for a black or blue s premium also loaded, but I think the only thing i would gain is full softex power heated seats, am i correct? Probably not worth it, If anything my next Toyota would be the new 2015 camry XSE with a v6 or else I may go for an Audi a3 or a4

Oh, and I came from a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1LT. Got it with 9k miles on it, had it for 10 months and traded in with 33k miles on it. I wasnt easy on that car, but it had a startling number of problems, fuel pump started going out at 20k... oh, and the resale value on them is TERRIBLE, and is only getting worse with the dozens of recalls it keeps getting. Don't miss it, except for the turbo. Don't really miss that either...

Last edited:
I have the S Plus 6MT. Only options I am missing from the S premium are the heated and power seats, which I'd rather have the stickshift over the automatic, and power seats are annoying because reclining is slow. Dunno why they ever thought power recline would be a good idea...

Mazda 6 GTS

I came from a Mazda 6 GTS 2005 (V6). I loved this car but man did it use GAS! and lots of problems at 205K.

We are a growing family so I decided to go with the Toyota Corolla since we drive so much within the city. Toyota is known as gas efficiency and this Corolla S looked so nice! so why not?! :)

2004 Pathfinder.

Didn't mind the car if I was living in States. Canadian gas price is too expensive to maintain the SUV. It was about $95 ~98 to fill full tank with crappy mpg....

lovin' my new corolla now!

Just bought my 2014 S Plus 6-Speed Manual

I traded in my 2004 Mazda RX-8 GT 6SM, I loved the RX-8 but the 16 MPG and issues I was starting to have with the rotory were starting to get to me. I still have my 1991 Miata tack car and my 1955 Chevy BelAir and needed something I could actually take a comfortable trip in.

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Got it in the divorce. Remarried someone who also had a minivan, didn't need 2 so I wanted something with better gas mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 2011 Chevy Cruze LS 6M. I had 145,000km on it, so I started looking for a new car and was looking at another Cruze for awhile. The salesman told me that, what ever car I would end up getting, I'd be stuck with it for the next 7 years due to the amount of neg equity I had on the car. It was due to having 2 car accidents (not my fault) on it and being high mileage. So he got me thinking. I figured if I got another Cruze I'd be in worse situation than I had now in 3 years from now. I've always heard good things about Corollas and here in Canada "Over 80% of Corollas sold in Canada in the last 20 years are still on the road". So here I am with a new 2014 Corolla S, and they gave me $2,500 more than GM would give me for my car.

Previous car was a 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium. It was involved in an accident and totalled. It had 125,000 miles and about time to consider a trade on a new car anyway. Rented a 2014 Corolla LE from Enterprise. Wife, daughter and even myself (LOL) were so impressed that we decided on the Corolla instead of a Ford Product (Was considering a Fusion or Taurus.)Getting about 10 MPG better in town so far compared to the Mercury.

First thing I noticed on the rent car was how quiet it was around town.
I had to keep looking at the RPM's on the tachometer to be sure the engine was running when I stopped at a red light or stop sign.LOL.
There is a little tire (Also upscale-Michelins) whine at 60 MPH but about the only noise is when the air conditioner fan is turned up higher. Everything about the Corolla is much more upscale, especially in the trim and details (Steering wheel looks identical to a Lexus) compared to the Mercury. Love the bolsters on the driver's seat - they really cradle you in and even give much more support. Also the cloth upholstery is much comfortable than the leather was on the Mercury. There is even considerably more leg room in the Corolla. The bottom line so far is that I am getting the economy of a compact with the ride and room of a mid-size. Usable luggage space seems to be about even. If it hadn't been for that rental car, I would never have even thought of a Toyota.LOL.Not much freeway or highway driving so far but hope to do a "3000 Mile Road Test" on a vacation trip from Texas to California this coming Labor Day. Loving all those "bells and whistles" such as the rear view cam, blue tooth phone connection and the MPG and other readouts, et cetera, et cetera and so forth. Also got a good deal with local Toyota dealer on upgrade to an LE Plus. Just can't do without the floor mats (even a trunk carpet map- very much upscale, too) fog lights and alloy wheels instead of steel wheels and wheel covers ! My apologies for the wordiness. I am a bit of a nerd of having had just enough studies in Journalism to be dangerous. LOL.

Last edited:

Charisma

Master Detailer!
2012 Mustang GT Premium. Was a bolt-on and nitrous drag radial car that was a consistent 11.7x @ 121 (10.78 @ 129 on spray). Needless to say, it's a bit of a change for me.

In all seriousness, I regret leaving the Mustang. I have only put 6,000 miles on the Corolla since I purchased it in September.

2012 Mustang GT Premium. Was a bolt-on and nitrous drag radial car that was a consistent 11.7x @ 121 (10.78 @ 129 on spray). Needless to say, it's a bit of a change for me.

In all seriousness, I regret leaving the Mustang. I have only put 6,000 miles on the Corolla since I purchased it in September.
Should have kept the Mustang and converted it to a weekend warrior. There is no way the Corolla is even in the same league, performance wise.