Whoosh Sound When First Stepping On Gas

I have a new 2014 Corolla S Plus - when I first step on the gas, I'll hear some kind of whoosh sound from under the car. Is this normal? Possibly something turning on? I'm not running anything over, but I'd compare the sound to fluid moving around.

My corolla does the same thing after I drive/run it for over 20 minutes. I noticed that the sound comes from the engine. Its the air filter sucking up more air.(I think)

Kev250R

This is my other car
My corolla does the same thing after I drive/run it for over 20 minutes. I noticed that the sound comes from the engine. Its the air filter sucking up more air.(I think)
If you're still running the stock intake then that shouldn't happen as there is an expansion chamber (of sorts, you can see it either built-into or hanging-off the air intake tube) which (essentially) keeps air in reserve until you need it (like when going wide-open throttle).

You might want to check to make sure all of the clamps on the intake tube are tight and installed properly as a small air leak can cause what you're describing.

Kevin

If you're still running the stock intake then that shouldn't happen as there is an expansion chamber (of sorts, you can see it either built-into or hanging-off the air intake tube) which (essentially) keeps air in reserve until you need it (like when going wide-open throttle).

You might want to check to make sure all of the clamps on the intake tube are tight and installed properly as a small air leak can cause what you're describing.

Kevin
It is a possibility. I did install the drop in K&N air filter.