Fuel Line Cut

I'm having trouble finding the correct fuel line part. My dad cut the fuel line in the engine compartment to see if fuel was getting to the engine lol. Don't ask me why because i don't know. It is the fuel line that connects to the metal line from the tank to the metal line on the engine. It is a hard plastic line with a rubber hose around it. It has a quick connect on each end. I'm not sure what it is called or any manufacture part numbers. the car is a 2009 corolla S 1.8L 16 valve dohc. Any help on this would be great!

I can include a picture it that helps.

You'll have to go to a dealership for that one.

And tell everyone to stay the hell away from the car while you work on it, LOL!

Last edited:
With fuel lines, be very, very careful and have a fire extinguisher within reach just in case. Gasoline is extremely flammable of course and if ignited could burn the car to the ground. Considering the catastrophe's that have already occurred, maybe two fire extinguishers would be a wise move.

I did go to the dealership for this part. I figured This one is pretty important as far as safety goes to have the right part ($80 hose). I just cant figure out why he cut it. The connector on the end of the hose has a tab on either side that you push with your fingers and doesn't even require a tool. It takes a matter of seconds to disconnect. Oh well, its just money i guess. I'm learning a lot about my moms car this way. In the end I will walk away with a lot more knowledge to help her out. Thanks for all the help. You all do a good job giving good advice.

joedirt - Regarding the cut fuel line, we all make mistakes, some worse than others. There was only one person who ever walked this earth that was perfect. The key is to learn from our mistakes and sharing them with others helps others to avert those mistakes too. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the update. It's nice to know how things turned out when you're trying to help someone with their car. Most people that post help with repairs questions here get the information they need and then vanish, never to be heard from again. Very rude and selfish. It makes you feel so used, like a car repair hooker or something. :thumbdown:

I hope you hang around the forum. There is not only much to learn here with all the technical articles and fantastic videos posted, but a lot of general information and even entertainment with our Video of the Day Thread and the Song of the Day Thread. Below are the links. Feel free to share and post your own videos! :thumbsup: There's a lot of good people here too! :yes::)

http://www.corollaforum.com/showthread.php?t=2863

http://www.corollaforum.com/showthread.php?t=2900

Last edited:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Scott hit the nail on the Head. come & go are people they maybe the forums should be called help Toyota help center. com

Sounds Like Pops worked on boats years ago, or old cars. Try to correct him I bet he get upset. Hug your Parants don't get upset, because we'll be there one day!