Let Me Tell You A Little Story

Two weeks ago I traded my 14 corolla for a used 4runner, the whole idea was to get my wife a car that she could see out the windows better. She has a camry that she loves but she has always had trouble seing around her. I love this corolla but was wiling to drive the camry so she could have a more useable car to drive. I drove the 4runner and it was very easy to see around from the driver seat. She didn't want the corolla because of the manual tranny, so I did it. I checked the runner out to the best of my ability and only found that it needed a timing belt and related service and shocks, no big deal the car had a perfect service record the previous owner maintained it religiously. After I bought it I had the service manager get it evaluated, he is my friend and I trust him. Well I didn't hear anything for a week and that scared me I was thinking they found something big and I was gonna have to eat it, well they did find some stuff that amounted to $3500 to fix and I was almost willing to do it but I knew it would just turn into a never ending money pit. So I asked the salesman if they could just void the deal and I take back my corolla, after all I never took delivery of the runner in fact they were waiting on a windshield for it. So after some back and forth they finally agreed that to void the deal was the best thing to do. Folks I believe that everything happens for a reason in life and that sometimes things just fall into place for you. When I returned to pick up my corolla, I found out that someone had drove the corolla yesterday and was to return today and pay cash for it. As I was sitting in the car talking to my insurance co the prospective buyer showed up and was giving me the evil eye, they walked that whole used car lot looking for it but I was in it. This is a perfect example of a dealership doing the right thing because they didn't have to do it, a lot of dealers would have just sent me on my way with a handshake and a tough luck story. This dealer didn't. And that's why I will only buy from them in the future. I've done biz with them for about 10 years and a lot of the employees know my name and these same people have been at this dealer for just as many years. I am fiercely loyal to buisineses that do things the right way and I also buy local whenever I can. I even tried to sell the borla exhaust I had on the corolla but the prospective buyer could not do it at this time so it worked out good for me anyway, I'm just waiting on the sun to go behind the trees so I can go put it back on the car. I guess this car was meant to be mine so I'm gonna keep it.