Mass Air Flow Sensor

If anyone's looking to get this upgrade, I just got the JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor model #69160 for a mere $119.24 from AutoAnything.com! They have it at 25% off right now. I even sprang for the overnight delivery, which was only another $7.95 for me. :D

If anyone's looking to get this upgrade, I just got the JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor model #69160 for a mere $119.24 from AutoAnything.com! They have it at 25% off right now. I even sprang for the overnight delivery, which was only another $7.95 for me. :D
I've been looking at it but I have no idea if it'll actually make any difference. Let us know!

I've been looking at it but I have no idea if it'll actually make any difference. Let us know!
Several of the guys here have recommended it, so I'm going to give it a try. I already have an HPS short ram intake, which has helped significantly; & also seems pretty popular among our fellow members here. I do highly recommend the intake if anyone is interested. ;)

I have the K&N drop in filter and I opened up the airbox a significant amount right after the filter area to make something of a free CAI. I realize that its obviously not the same as a professionally designed CAI but i think it's close anough that I'd get some improvement but I don't feel any difference. whatever, it was free lol.

I have the K&N drop in filter and I opened up the airbox a significant amount right after the filter area to make something of a free CAI. I realize that its obviously not the same as a professionally designed CAI but i think it's close anough that I'd get some improvement but I don't feel any difference. whatever, it was free lol.
Really? Maybe it's only noticeable with the aftermarket intakes. I'm very tuned with the car now to where I can tell if anything is different.
Anyways, can't beat free!
I think I'm going to replace my HPS SRI with Ingen CAI. I've noticed the difference is dramatic between cold and warm air. Warm air seems to be geared more in the mid range while cold air is more in the beginning.

Really? Maybe it's only noticeable with the aftermarket intakes. I'm very tuned with the car now to where I can tell if anything is different.
I think I'm going to replace my HPS SRI with Ingen CAI. I've noticed the difference is dramatic between cold and warm air. Warm air seems to be geared more in the mid range while cold air is more in the beginning.
I'd rather have a cold air intake, especially living here in AZ, but I haven't found one that looks as good as my HPS short ram. :(

Oh yes I'm at that point too. I can feel every little difference in the car. I'm putting on StopTech slotted rotors and EBC redstuff pads this weekend and I can't wait to feel the difference in braking! I'd totally like to install a real CAI but 300ish bucks for a pipe and filter kinda bothers me. :/

Oh yes I'm at that point too. I can feel every little difference in the car. I'm putting on StopTech slotted rotors and EBC redstuff pads this weekend and I can't wait to feel the difference in braking! I'd totally like to install a real CAI but 300ish bucks for a pipe and filter kinda bothers me. :/
Yeah man, the price is steep! I'm sure you could find a used one on eBay or something. I wish HPS made one.
Let us know how the brakes work out. I'm interested in that too.

If those rotors are anything like my PowerStop cross-drilled/slotted rotors, you'll notice a very distinct difference in your breaking. ;)

So I finally installed the the new MAF sensor a few days ago. I have noticed a few things. First off, the engine isn't as loud as it was with the stock MAF sensor. Secondly, I've noticed that the tach almost instantly jumps to about 2500 RPM when I step on the gas. This leads to observation #3: I no longer have that lull when starting from a stop until the engine hits 2k RPM. Therefore, it does seem to accelerate quicker, but I'm not noticing the same "push" into my seat. Lastly, I can't pin this down to the new sensor or not, as it's not consistent; but I sometimes detect a strange odor. Since I've been driving with the windows down lately, I'm not sure if it's from my car or someone else's.

So I finally installed the the new MAF sensor a few days ago. I have noticed a few things. First off, the engine isn't as loud as it was with the stock MAF sensor. Secondly, I've noticed that the tach almost instantly jumps to about 2500 RPM when I step on the gas. This leads to observation #3: I no longer have that lull when starting from a stop until the engine hits 2k RPM. Therefore, it does seem to accelerate quicker, but I'm not noticing the same "push" into my seat. Lastly, I can't pin this down to the new sensor or not, as it's not consistent; but I sometimes detect a strange odor. Since I've been driving with the windows down lately, I'm not sure if it's from my car or someone else's.
Did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer?

Sooo would you highly recommend it or naww?

You looking at those black colored ones?
They were black out the box...And immediately turned stainless steel...I believe the black to only be a coating to prevent rust before install? They claim to have a 1000 mile break in or set period. Gonna be some time before I can really push on them to see a difference. Yes, these and red stuff pads are installed. Lol.