New Guy With a '04 Corolla S

protegenoob17

Underrated Sleeper
Well I got the car a few months ago with 140k on the odometer. It's the first car ive owned with 36 mpg.
I do have plans to put lowering spring and a cold air intake on but thats about it.
How hard are the clutch replacment jobs on these corollas? I've done them on hondas and a couple fwd chevys. I can hear my throw out bearing chattering. On top of that the clutch slips a little. I'm a guy that refuses to take and of my cars to shops or dealerships. Its more of trust issues. I'm a huge diyer.

How do I know if I own a real S model.
I don't have cruise.
No power windows or locks.
Very basic. uploadfromtaptalk1409148266578.jpg

S would have cruise, foglights, power windows and locks, etc.

Clutch will be a pain like it is on any FWD car, but if you have already done them on a FWD car then you know what you are in for.

If you provide the VIN of the vehicle to a Toyota dealers Parts Department, they can look up the car for you in their computer database and tell you if it is an S model or not.

If you provide the VIN of the vehicle to a Toyota dealers Parts Department, they can look up the car for you in their computer database and tell you if it is an S model or not.
Will they tell you where it was made? when i tried to buy a window for the door they asked me where it was made and i didn't know and they gave the wrong window.