Owner Complaints For The 2010 Corolla

fishycomics

Super Moderator
850 plus people of over a million plus corollas.

Not many know of ......... so that my friend is a fraction of the people in this World who own a corolla or know of the site, or this site etc......

You have a complaint of your corolla 2010 Scott?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
http://CaComplaints.com <-- Isn't known by every Corolla owner. The point is that compared to other cars on the road that are reported on that website, 896 complaints, (and hundreds more submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), is quite a lot.

The purpose of that website is to help consumers and encourage vehicle manufacturers to build better vehicles.

http://CaComplaints.com

Only issue I had with my girlfriend's Corolla is an airbag light came on for three days after she drove through deep water. Hasn't been an issue since.

Well, that and the start-up noise that I need to take it to the dealer for.

I keep finding the trunk on my Toyota 2010 open. Not fully opened, but just maybe a crack open. Have had it for almost 3 years now, and didn't have this problem before. I was thinking what I may be doing is accidentally hitting the "open trunk" button on my remote as I carry my car keys in my hand getting in/out of my car. Or could it be another problem? Thanks.

Just got a 2010 corolla with 70k.. Back squeaks but I think it's the trunk. Brakes make a grinding noise here and there. But I have warranty I'm going to get it checked out.

i have a 2010 corolla with 49k. i tried mobil1 0w20 and my mpg went down 2 mpg from the castrol dino oil that i used to use. ive gotten the best mpg using castrol syntex 5w20. i put in a k/n oil filter. i bought the filter socket #2465 from CTA using their guide and it didnt fit. i feel like i wasted $55 on this oil change between the tool/mobil1. also, i want to get new tires and i was thinking of continental pure contacts which i have on my 98 corolla. also was considering general rt43. the bf goodrich advantage ta didnt do well in snow according to tirerack reviews..what replacement tires did you buy?...AND... ive had toyota batteries last 7 yrs or more in othe toyotas, but this 4 yo panasonic that it came with new is starting to crank slow.

i tried mobil1 0w20 and my mpg went down2 mpg from the castrol dino oil that i used to use. ive gotten the best mpg using castrol syntex 5w20. i put in a k/n oil filter. i bought the filter socket #2465 from CTA using their guide and it didnt fit. i feel like i wasted $55 on this oil change between the tool/mobil1. also, i want to get new tires and i was thinking of continental pure contacts which i have on my 98 corolla. also was considering general rt43. the bf goodrich advantage ta didnt do well in snow according to tirerack reviews..whatreplacement tires did you buy?... ive had toyota batteries last 7 yrs but this 4 yo panasonic that it came with new is starting to crank slow.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Everything you've mentioned are things which everyone seems to have strong personal opinions about but since you asked and I have the same car you do I'll give you my take on the questions you've asked:

As far as oil and filters go, currently I'm also running Mobil-1 5/20 in my Corolla. I have no idea what was in it before I got it; it might have been synthetic, but I doubt it. FWIW Toyota specs synthetic oil for these engines. When it's due for a change again I'll probably switch it to Amsoil synthetic. I'm running a Fram filter.

I've had good luck with Kumho Solaris KR21 tires on another car, similar to a Corolla. The PO of my car put tires on it just before I bought it, and they threw some cheap no-name's on it which I hate. When their worn-out I'll likely put the KR21's on.

I'm still running the stock battery in my car, although once in a while it seems to take a little longer to crank-over my car does tend to sit for a week or more at a time. However it sounds like you get snow where you are and colder temps tend to kill batteries. Extreme heat can as well. Where I'm at here in So.Cal. are temps are on the mild side, plus I don't have anything aftermarket installed.

Kevin

I have no complaints about my 2010 LE with 191,000 miles. Averages 39-40 mpg. Just had it checked out by the dealer, they found nothing needed. Brakes are still original. Battery has gone for 5 years but I just replaced it to be safe. :D

i needed new front pads at 51k city miles. i used powerstop vz23's. my heater core clogged AGAIN. a heavy flush seemed to do the job. this is my 2nd flush in 2 years. i only use asian coolant. i dont know why this keeps happening??? had my spiral cable replaced per the recall.

Last edited: