Plasti-Dipped Spoiler and Emblems

Tell me what you think about the red emblems. Previous users have plasti-dipped the emblems black. I live right next to plasti-dip HQ and get cans for projects. Next project is the plasti-dip the side mirrors, gloss grill(upper and lower) black. The chrome trim around the front grill and toyota emblem I will dip in red. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

XEON

It should be 155k (like all other forums) that all cell can do!

Quick and fast. Just more work to place a pix IF you don't have
photobucket..

The red looks really nice on the Silver Corolla. I think in most cases black may be better, but in this instance the red looks really nice.

Tell me what you think about the red emblems. Previous users have plasti-dipped the emblems black. I live right next to plasti-dip HQ and get cans for projects. Next project is the plasti-dip the side mirrors, gloss grill(upper and lower) black. The chrome trim around the front grill and toyota emblem I will dip in red. Any thoughts?

Hey,

Looks nice! I did my emblems and my side mirrors. Can you tell me a little bit about plasti-dipping the the rear spoiler? Did you have to take it off?

The red emblems look good. I'd probably do blue if I did mine (except for the S which I'd keep red) just because the blue would match the seats on mine.

Hey,

Looks nice! I did my emblems and my side mirrors. Can you tell me a little bit about plasti-dipping the the rear spoiler? Did you have to take it off?
sure. I never took off the spoiler. Here is a picture of when I was in process of dipping it. Be sure to get into the nook and crannies of it. Also, I did 8 coats of black on it. No matter what people tell you, always add more than 4 coats. I am thinking of actually dipping the whole car in a Blue-ish Chameleon coat.

Love it! I've been looking for how plasti dip looks on Corolla emblems since I'm considering doing it myself. It looks great! I never considered doing the spoiler, and I like it!
I can only find cans of plasti dip online though. What retailers sell it?

Love it! I've been looking for how plasti dip looks on Corolla emblems since I'm considering doing it myself. It looks great! I never considered doing the spoiler, and I like it!
I can only find cans of plasti dip online though. What retailers sell it?
Pepboys sell it instore.

did you remove your emblems or u just taped it ?
if u did remove them, what glue did u u use to put it back ? :D

I like the contrast between the spoiler, the emblems, and the silver. I think the red and black really make the back end of your S pop. I'd say give the spoiler some glossifier treatment and see how it looks then, and definitely try to get that dealer decal off of there, they put it in a really odd spot. Thumbs up from me!

sure. I never took off the spoiler. Here is a picture of when I was in process of dipping it. Be sure to get into the nook and crannies of it. Also, I did 8 coats of black on it. No matter what people tell you, always add more than 4 coats. I am thinking of actually dipping the whole car in a Blue-ish Chameleon coat.

Awesome! How close to the spoiler did you tape up to? What kind of texture did you end up with, for some reason when I plasti dip the texture is always grainy and rough, never smooth. (yes I do clean before doing it) Maybe I am holding the spray can too far away.

Thinner coat means less endurance against the elements and other things. When I plasti-dip my end result is always smooth. I take my time with it, shake up the can really well, and spray from 6 to 8 inches away.
I have done 6 to 8 thin coats as opposed to 3 to 4 heavy coats and have had paint go years, no problems. Takes longer to do but comes out shining.

Before doing that, consider what it would do to the resale value of the car.
LOL:laughing: Plasti-dip basically becomes like a rubber coating after many layers. Go on google and look up the plasti-dip removal videos. I have been plasti-dipping cars for almost 2 years. When removing plasti-dip it looks as if it was never there. It is basically a paint job you can switch up over and over again. Go to dipyourcar.com and you will see all the available options for plasti-dipping.

The website won't rally have much to show. The best way to see if they have it is to go to the store. Techniques vary on what type of dip you are doing.

Plasti Dip Slate Metallic 14S

Looking to see if anyone has plasti dipped there spoiler on a Slate Metallic 14S. I bought 2 cans of it and thinking I should try doing it to see how it looks. If anyone has done it for this color 14S, can you please post a pic. :thumbsup:

Looking to see if anyone has plasti dipped there spoiler on a Slate Metallic 14S. I bought 2 cans of it and thinking I should try doing it to see how it looks. If anyone has done it for this color 14S, can you please post a pic. :thumbsup:
Just try it out. This is the point of plasti dip. Its not permanent. If you don't like the look just peel it off.