Question on Entune Navi

I have the 2014 S Plus 6MT. I have been trying to figure out if the navi will mute or pause the music on announcing directions. I have tried different settings, but have not been able to get this to work. I sometimes have the windows open and music turned up and can never hear the directions. My 2009 Corolla muted the music to announce directions. Sorry if this sounds crazy!

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I checked the owners manual and does not state anything. Great if anyone finds out anymore info please post. I just think it is crazy that it does not do that. What good is it if you can't hear the directions.

It's in there...

Its in the settings of the infotainment system. I d playing with mine as couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I got to s said setting lol.

I have the 2014 S Plus 6MT. I have been trying to figure out if the navi will mute or pause the music on announcing directions. I have tried different settings, but have not been able to get this to work. I sometimes have the windows open and music turned up and can never hear the directions. My 2009 Corolla muted the music to announce directions. Sorry if this sounds crazy!

Thanks!

I thought corollaforum.com *was* the online owners manual, Scott? :laughing:
The Owners manual doesn't really mention it - what I linked to was the Entune and Navigation Owner's manual and that vaguely mentions it but doesn't explain what it does.

No, corollaforum.com is NOT the online owners manual ... it's BETTER than that!!!

Voice prompt interrupt

Did checking voice promt interrupt solve your problem? I have the same problem and checking voice prompt interrupt did not help.

Did checking voice promt interrupt solve your problem? I have the same problem and checking voice prompt interrupt did not help.
I still have been unable to get this to work correctly. Not sure why they would just have it speak while the music is on. My 2009 XRS Corolla didn't do that. It muted the music. Guess we will see what happens. Thanks for all the help so far.

I'm curious if the factory navigation is good enough or get a separate one?! I just got myself a nüvi® 2597LMT from costco and I love it!!!!!!!!!!

factory nav

I don't have the factory nav in my 2014 Corolla LE Eco but do have it in our 2013 Prius v. If the factory nav in the Corolla is anything like the Prius, I would avoid it like the ebola virus.

My 2013 Prius was delivered with maps dated 2011 that were obsolete the day I drove out of the showroom. A week ago, I paid the dealer to update the maps. It cost $230 and the version they installed was dated July 2013, the most recent available. The "new" maps did not have roads and development addresses that were built three years ago.

Stick with an aftermarket nav, get free updates, better guidance and save hundreds of $.