Silly Question - What is This?

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
And does it have a purpose.

On my S plus and is right in front of the rear wheels.

Just wonder what this plastic thing is for. Seems too small to reflect rock.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Doesn't the Corolla S come with the covers which increase the aerodynamics of the car? If not, fishycomics is probably right.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
This picture shows the underbody covers on the car:

If you look at the rear wheels, you can see a highlighted part which could be the one the OP is talking about it.

If you look under the front bumper, you'll see similar devices in front of the front tires. My guess is that they are some kind of air deflector to control airflow around the tires. Who knows?

Mike

I only noticed these as I was driving my new 2014 home and stopped to get lunch with my wife. I vote for the "ice/snow from accumulation" response.

It's the James Bond option! You see, when you push the secret button on the dashboard, those devices spray oil all over the road behind your car so the bad guys chasing you will run over the oil, lose control of their cars and crash! :D

It's the James Bond option! You see, when you push the secret button on the dashboard, those devices spray oil all over the road behind your car so the bad guys chasing you will run over the oil, lose control of their cars and crash! :D
This, from the AMSOIL guy :)

I think it's the smoke screen sprayer myself. Or maybe mount points for a mini rocket launcher....

I just noticed that my 2012 Sienna also has these gizmos. I didn't notice them before because the car's so much larger...they don't stick out as much as they do on the smaller Corolla. But they are the same size.

I have to figure this out

Aerodinamics

Hi, I am new here and I don't even have a Corolla yet, but hopefully will in a few days. I have read that those little things helps with the aerodynamics of the car and help save fuel in the long run, mainly at higher speeds.

when i bought my 2015 s corola the guy that sold it to me did not know what they were.thats bad sell them u need to know whats on them and why. guess it is toyotas top secret.

I live in Panama and bought a 2015 Corolla S. So I noticed that part was loose and worked to put it in place, but yesterday I was on a highway at 70Mph and suddenly saw an IGUANA and had no chance to avoid it at such speed so I ran over it and it took the part with it as a vengeance. I saw the Iguana and the plastic rolling over the road from my rearview mirror. I thought first for what reason this part exists, but reading this thread may give me a good reason to pay $35 for this peace of plastic.

Hey guys! I hope it's ok I bumped this thread. I think this is the piece I'm looking for. The other day my wife decided to run over a boulder with the rear tire, taking a turn to too sharp. Luckily it only ripped this little piece off. Anybody have any part numbers or official names for it yet?