Thinking of Getting a 2006 Corolla

Have a 2003 Sentra that is on its way out, likely a head gasket issue. We already have a 2010 Rav4 which I love but we cannot afford another big payment.

I'm looking at 2006 Corollas with around 100K miles. A couple questions:

What should I look for to determine possible future issues? I want a car that, if maintained well, will last for a few years without major breakdowns.

When comparing CE to LE models with about the same mileage the LE is priced $1400 more. Is this really worth that much more?

Thanks in advance.

I have the CE with 55,000 miles and so far haven't had any problems. Few Friends have the CE with over 100k and haven't had anything major as well. I suggest the CE

IFMJohn

My 2006 ce has 125k on the clock. No issues.

There is only 1 real common failure that I know of. The intake manifold gasket fails. Toyota came out with an updated gasket (updated gasket is orange, stock is black) for it. Its an easy enough fix. Took me less than an hour to replace my spark plugs, pcv, intake manifold gasket, and throttle body gasket.

I am a professional wrench though so it may take you a bit longer.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

Kev250R

This is my other car
They're not very hard cars to work on, even for a novice I doubt it would take much longer than an hour to make that repair. :)

Kevin