Um... Hi

Hello everyone...

I just picked up a '14 Super White Corolla S yesterday.

The thought of a new project already has me itching to make her "mine."

Speaking honestly, the 'rola wasn't my first, second, or even third choice for my next vehicle. Sadly, my 2002 Celica GT didn't give me the opportunity to be picky. I was (and still am) looking at an Audi S4, but I needed an around-town putter to fill the gap until I get some things in order.

Overall I'm happy, I think I made a good decision. the residual in 3-4 years should make my wallet pretty happy. Only a few things that really annoy me about the car. One being the lack of auto headlights. My 13+ old car (that was in the same price range) had auto headlights. I've read through the thread on possibly adding the sensor and a Canadian stick to enable the feature, and I'll be keeping up with that. The steering wheel controls are a bit wonky, imo. Changing tracks on an iPod requires you to hit "UP" on the button? Logic. There wasn't a stereo upgrade option (at least not at the dealer). The sound system actually sounds good, but it's lacking a little "oomph" to really make it full bodied. The CVT is just weird. All CVTs are weird. Personally, I think they should all DIAF, but that's just me.

Will probably end up modding it. Nothing major, and probably not anything that could really be called "performance". It was a dead-end on the Celica, and I can't imagine the replacement for the 1ZZ-FE has much more to offer. Since i don't really plan to keep it too long, I doubt i'll do anything major. Probably the basic aesthetics - tint, wheels, drop, LED's all around (yellow fogs included), maybe audio upgrades, black badges (and that annoying little chrome piece around the front intake) and possibly a black vinyl roof. Easily undoable stuff.

Oh, and maybe one of these, just because of the panda theme:

short term being a couple years.

I had the Celica for 13, so... it's short term to me!

the only real change to the car would be lowering it, which I've never lowered a car, so that will be bottom of my list. Everything else is easily reversible. It's more personalization, rather than actual modifications.

Had my Celica for 10 years. Best car ever.
It's the only car I've ever owned. It treated me well until the 1ZZ oil consumption problem silently crept up on me. 1 Qt / tank of gas just got to be too much to deal with.

I wanted to get a rebuilt/bulletproofed 1ZZ from MWR, up it to 1.93L, sleeve it, and probably get another 2-300k miles out of it. Didn't make financial sense after I priced it all out. Needed a new paint job, some interior pieces, thin'n'that, totaled up over 11K worth of work. On a 13+y/o car and no guarantee tht it will be as/more reliable? Nah.

I'll miss her.

:(

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemoriiiiieeeeeeees.

Here's hoping the 2ZR-FE - being an evolution of the 1ZZ (i believe) and already being in service for several years - will be a little more robust than the recently departed.