2010 aftermarket wheel

Diego

Hello, I have a 2010 corolla LE with stock, 195/65/15 5x100, 15x6.5 wheels

I have looking into buying some aftermarket wheels, but I want to avoid needing spacers or adaptors if possible. I am a little confused on what other wheels I am able to get besides a 15x6.5, say a 16x7 or 17x7, with out needing anything extra simply set up and go? I have been interested in some scion frs rims size 17 but saw they may need spacers, or the newer corolla rims 2013 and up also size 17 but wasn't sure if I can do a simple exchange. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also what do you think would go best with my car some black or chrome rims

Attachments

It's 15x6.5, 16x7 and 17x7.5 I bought my aftermarket rims from Carid, I didn't need a spacer since they're made for the specific vehicle you ordered for. The ones I picked were $104. I stayed with 15in instead of going larger because I didn't want the additional road contact for less fuel mileage not to mention the $20 more per rim and $8 more per tire.

Should also note that the side walls of a tire are part of your suspension so if you go with a larger tire/smaller walls you'll have a rougher ride.

You can upgrade your wheel to a 17x7, 17x7.5. They even come in 17x8 if you want. Make sure the bolt pattern is 100x5. Wheels specifically made for Toyota would already have a center bore of 54.1, so you will not need any adapter. Go to your Toyota dealer to see what fits, then go online to find a better price. Most after market wheels will probably have a center bore of 73.1, so you might need a hub centric ring adapter from 54.1 to 73.1. You won't need spacers as long as the offset is 30 to 35mm. But if you want to make your wheel to stick out further, choose an offset below 30mm. As for wheels you will most likely get 215/45R17 or 225/40R17 if you want it wider. As an example, this is what your new wheel might look if you chose the XXR 530 17x7 Wheel with 35mm offset (you would need a 54.1 to 73.1 hub centric ring adapter) compared to your existing setup. As a side note, bigger wheels look sporty, so you may want to lower your vehicle to reduce that wheel gap or it might look funny.

Wheel.jpg

I have 17x8 +35mm offset on mine and I think that they fit perfectly. Slap a set of 225/45R17 tires and you are set. I also have a set of FRS wheels for my winter tires but as you pointed out you need a spacer with them. Not a big deal if you buy hubcentric spacers. I have some 20mm ones I use that fit great.
Here are my summer 17x8 +35mm offset with 225/45R17 tires.

Here are my FRS wheels with the 20mm spacer and 205/50R17 winter tires.

Here is the spacer mounted.

Centering ring I bought for the FRS wheel to be hubcentric on the spacer.

supercharged; which spacers are those? you have links?
They are 20mm 5x100 to 54.1 mm bore. I bought them on eBay, just make sure that you get spacers made from billet aluminum for high quality. The FR-S wheels have a 56.1mm center bore so that's why I bought the centering rings. Just look on eBay as there are plenty of sellers.

hi there... just to say i also had to use spacers... went with non hubcentric spacers but took my time installing them torqued to around 80 foot/pounds... and rechecked the torque on them after 300 miles runs nice done almost 2k miles on them no vibration

reason for the spacers was i bought 114 bolt pattern wheels thinkin it would fit... then got the spacers to have them on anyway... Now im looking to paint the rear drums because there all rusty and showing through the wheels

As a side note, bigger wheels look sporty, so you may want to lower your vehicle to reduce that wheel gap or it might look funny.
Do you have any suggestions size wise for rims and tires for a stock suspension set up? I’m looking to change my stock rims and tires for something more sporty but don’t know how to make it look right. I’m eyeing some XXR 527’s that are 17x8.25 with a +35 mm offset. I was thinking about keeping the tires as close to the same circumference as what I have now to try to prevent any problems until I saw your comment about it looking weird at factory height. Do you have any suggestions? Also, everywhere I look I see people saying you can go up to 17x8 on a Corolla. I can’t find these rims any thinner with a +35 offset. I like the concave look and the +40 mm offset doesn’t have as much of the concave look. Any help is appreciated. And right now I’m not looking to lower it. New rims and tires is expensive enough for me as it is.

Do you have any suggestions size wise for rims and tires for a stock suspension set up? I’m looking to change my stock rims and tires for something more sporty but don’t know how to make it look right. I’m eyeing some XXR 527’s that are 17x8.25 with a +35 mm offset. I was thinking about keeping the tires as close to the same circumference as what I have now to try to prevent any problems until I saw your comment about it looking weird at factory height. Do you have any suggestions? Also, everywhere I look I see people saying you can go up to 17x8 on a Corolla. I can’t find these rims any thinner with a +35 offset. I like the concave look and the +40 mm offset doesn’t have as much of the concave look. Any help is appreciated. And right now I’m not looking to lower it. New rims and tires is expensive enough for me as it is.
Keep the proper diameter for your tires. If you get bigger diameter tires it will make the car slower and negatively affect performance. The 225/45R17 tire size is perfect and will fit great on the XXR 527 that you like. It will look similar to the look you have now but if you do a mild drop it will look great. I just installed Eibach springs on the 2009 Corolla S 5MT that my daughter recently bought and it looks great now. Here is a before and after comparison. AD17E775-25E8-4637-89E5-671FC1E3373C_1_201_a.jpeg