EBC Stage 5 Kit Front and Rear Brakes

Here they are! Can't wait until I can bed them in and see their potential.

One thing, if you do this install, get the special tool for rear calipers piston compression (they sell them at O'Reillys and mount to a 3/8" ratchet), mount the hardware without the rotor and pads, then, while squeezing as hard as you can on the back and front, turn the ratchet clockwise. If you try and do this without mounting the hardware, it's close to impossible.

Before:

Close up of Spider Cracks (and only at 26,000 miles! A new record!):

Fronts:

Rears:

Behind Wheel:

Behind Wheel (Closer but more Blurry):

I had these on my '08 Matrix and they were awesome. Now the long wait during break-in...

Looks nice, but other than replacing messed up brakes like you did, can you really tell much of a difference without going to a Big Brake Kit? I've never used anything but oem myself. Yes, I'm a noob here. LOL

In my '08 Matrix, the difference was huge.

No verdict yet on these. I need to do 200 miles of easy city driving (so about 1500 miles for me since I'm mostly freeway), then do 20-60-20 5 times to fully bed in the pads. Then I can see what they can do.

I think I'll see more of a difference, since this car is 4 wheel disc, while the Matrix had rear drum (so I could only upgrade the fronts).

In my '08 Matrix, the difference was huge.

No verdict yet on these. I need to do 200 miles of easy city driving (so about 1500 miles for me since I'm mostly freeway), then do 20-60-20 5 times to fully bed in the pads. Then I can see what they can do.

I think I'll see more of a difference, since this car is 4 wheel disc, while the Matrix had rear drum (so I could only upgrade the fronts).
Awesome! Let us know after you break them in! If it's good ill have to do the same

Hey man I don't mean to be a nuisance but how have those brakes been holding up? I go canyon driving a lot so brakes are really important for me and I've been looking for an upgrade for a while, I just don't know what to get. I'm kinda torn between EBC yellowstuff and redstuff. Is the yellowstuff's brake dust really as bad as they say it is? I would like a reduction in dust to keep those alloys lookin nice but performance is most important of course. I've only used OEM brakes. Thanks

Still have 350 miles to go before I can bed them in, but I have pushed them a little and so far, I'm happy.

Yellowstuff do dust, but typically low-dust pads have a poor cold bite and tend to glaze more easily. If you drive spirited, you want to avoid low-dust pads.

So, I figured they were ready to bed in.

760 miles of about 70/30 freeway/city, plus I deal with traffic on occasion (EBC recommends 200 city).

I'll just say that my 60 m.p.h. to 20 m.p.h. time is about 3x quicker than my 20 m.p.h. to 60 m.p.h. time.

Definitely stops like nothing.

We like ebc pads and use redstuff. How does the more aggressive yellowstuff compare to redstuff if you have any personal experience with redstuff?
Yellowstuff stops far better than redstuff and the cold bite is great, but you will wear your rotors out and dust like crazy with them on.

Also, I'm probably going to be due to replace the fronts in the next 20,000 miles or so. If you drive spirited like I do, you'll wear the fronts down in roughly 30,000 miles. I have about 6,000 miles on them and already have noticeable wear, but I don't mind spending the money to have some fun when driving.

Yellowstuff stops far better than redstuff and the cold bite is great, but you will wear your rotors out and dust like crazy with them on.

Also, I'm probably going to be due to replace the fronts in the next 20,000 miles or so. If you drive spirited like I do, you'll wear the fronts down in roughly 30,000 miles. I have about 6,000 miles on them and already have noticeable wear, but I don't mind spending the money to have some fun when driving.
"Far bettere ..." Thanks dk, now I know. Sounds like I'll stick with red. Wife loves them on her 2004 LE and
so do I, but curious whether to upgrade my 2015 S+ to yellow. I do like the ultra low dust of 2015 oem, but
willing to trade off low dust of red for better all around performance. Sounds like yellow throws some particles!

Redstuff will still be far better than OEM.

The OEM Toyota brakes are pretty bad and they do not hold up well to abuse at all.
Agree with dk. We installed redstuff on stock rotors and saw big improvement..better initial bite but what is most impressive is the endless pedal. The more you step, the quicker you stop. The pads have a seemingly endless reserve for regular street use. Very confidence inspiring.

FWIW, redstuffs are sensitive to needing a smooth rotor and we had some bed-in noise and pulsation issues with resurfacing. I eventually upgraded the rotors to Centric hi carbon cryogenics with a new set of redstuffs and this package performs great. No noise, low dust, great bite, and smooth seamless stops with no pulsating feedback.

Agree with dk. We installed redstuff on stock rotors and saw big improvement..better initial bite but what is most impressive is the endless pedal. The more you step, the quicker you stop. The pads have a seemingly endless reserve for regular street use. Very confidence inspiring.

FWIW, redstuffs are sensitive to needing a smooth rotor and we had some bed-in noise and pulsation issues with resurfacing. I eventually upgraded the rotors to Centric hi carbon cryogenics with a new set of redstuffs and this package performs great. No noise, low dust, great bite, and smooth seamless stops with no pulsating feedback.
Clarify...my upgrade above was on a 2004 LE front rotors. Going to redstuff on all four corners of 2014-2016
would be a hoot....

"Far bettere ..." Thanks dk, now I know. Sounds like I'll stick with red. Wife loves them on her 2004 LE and
so do I, but curious whether to upgrade my 2015 S+ to yellow. I do like the ultra low dust of 2015 oem, but
willing to trade off low dust of red for better all around performance. Sounds like yellow throws some particles!
Yeah, it's hard to keep the wheels clean but worth the stopping power you get.

@Donabed Kopoian
Hey, now that my OEM brakes are finally ready to go (thanks to lots of canyon driving), I'm looking at the EBC Redstuff pads and the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors.
For the pads, front: DP31791C, and rear: DP31947C.
For the rotors, all I can find is the size "GD7475".
My question is, would the rotors of this size fit both the front and rear brakes or just the front. I can't find any information online about whether the corolla's front and rear brake rotors are the same size.
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-GD7475-Dimpled-Slotted/dp/B003EOLM1A

@Donabed Kopoian
Hey, now that my OEM brakes are finally ready to go (thanks to lots of canyon driving), I'm looking at the EBC Redstuff pads and the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors.
My question is, would the rotors of this size fit both the front and rear brakes or just the front. I can't find any information online about whether the corolla's front and rear brake rotors are the same size.
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-GD7475-Dimpled-Slotted/dp/B003EOLM1A

Each axle has different size rotor....in both thickness and diam. I use redstuff on my 2004 Corolla. Best pads ever used in 40 years of driving. Will use on my 2015 S+ when time comes. Carid dot com has a nice
Matched set of ebc hi carbon rotors and redstuff pads for about $400 for all 4 wheels. Good deal IMO.

Will these fit on OEM calipers?
I have a 2014 LE, only need the front set. Thanks btw!
I think so. I don't see anything that says otherwise. It just says that these are the sizes for a 2014 Corolla (amazon). I'm also curious because I'm using OEM calipers too.

Also, what I want is the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors for all 4 wheels like @Donabed Kopoian has in his original post, along with the EBC RedStuff pads on all 4 wheels. Every kit I can find either has RedStuff with a different rotor or the right rotors and some other pads.

I'd like to get them individually but I can't seem to find the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors for the rear wheels anywhere!!! I've found the correct pads and front rotors, just missing the rear. But I can't find it anywhere!

If anyone has a link or part number please send it hahaha this is driving me nuts!

Links that I have so far:

Front EBC RedStuff Pads: DP31791C: https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-DP31791C-Redstuff-Ceramic/dp/B001KQA94K
Rear EBC RedStuff Pads: DP31947C: https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-DP31947C-Redstuff-Ceramic/dp/B002806VAS
Front EBC dimpled and slotted rotors: GD7475: https://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-GD7475-Dimpled-Slotted/dp/B003EOLM1A

Last edited:
@Donabed Kopoian
No! Rears are always different from the front. Rear discs are typically solid with no venting vanes in-between the plates. The fronts also have a larger diameter.

If you are doing the rear brakes, you'll want a rear-caliper tool that locks in a 1/4" or 3/8" ratchet. Remove the rear calipers, rotors, and pads, then reattach the calipers - without the pads or rotor - to the spindle. Use a 6" extension and ratchet on the rear-caliper tool and press in hard while turning clockwise. If you try to bottom them out without them attached to the spindle, you won't get the piston to budge.

No! Rears are always different from the front. Rear discs are typically solid with no venting vanes in-between the plates. The fronts also have a larger diameter.

If you are doing the rear brakes, you'll want a rear-caliper tool that locks in a 1/4" or 3/8" ratchet. Remove the rear calipers, rotors, and pads, then reattach the calipers - without the pads or rotor - to the spindle. Use a 6" extension and ratchet on the rear-caliper tool and press in hard while turning clockwise. If you try to bottom them out without them attached to the spindle, you won't get the piston to budge.
Great advice! Thanks a lot!