How Many Miles Do You Have?

I purchased my new 2003 corolla in April of 2002 when the new body style came out. Since then, I've replaced the following. Catalytic converter probably 4 times, starter, air conditioner compressor, valve cover gasket and the normal maintenance items. At about 350,000 miles my car didn't have the power it should have had and cut off a couple of times while driving. After a little research, I found that the spark plugs and coil packs were bad. This car had never had them replaced until now and when I removed the old plugs there was absolutely nothing left of the tips. I have no idea how it ran as long as it did. My corolla now has over 397,000 miles and still going strong. When I purchased my car, my commute was 63 miles one way. In 2007 I changed jobs which is a little closer to home at 50 miles one way. When something goes wrong with it I think well, this is it! But after YouTube searching and replacing the parts myself the car just keeps going and going. I love my car.

I guess I should have kept my mouth shut and not made this posting thread. Yes my Corolla "had" just under 400k miles on it until last week when it started shuttering in heavy traffic or traveling at low speeds. Took it to my mechanic and found that there was only 70 of compression in the engine. My options were way too expensive to invest in the car so I traded it in
for $1000 an purchased a 2007 Camry with 155k miles. I'm sure this car will treat me well like my grand old corolla.

Hello Everyone. I bought my 2005 Corolla XRS brand-new, 0 miles, in Feb of 2005. It has 198,040 as of today. I replaced 2 wheel bearings (likely from corrosion due to salt on roads in winter months), aside from that, all else has been normal maintenance. I just changed the oil today and it was right on the full mark before I drained it out. What a good tight engine.

A well-maintained Toyota Corolla will probably last longer than it's owner wants to keep it.

2009, acquired July, has 152,000 kms. normal wear and tear replacement (tires, regular oil changes, transmission oil (1x at 90K), serpentine belt at 80K, spark flags (1x, in 7th year), coolant flush, silver colour so 2 to 3 times car wash a year, change air/cabin filters every 32K, replaced front/rear brake pads and rotor, will replace the rear rotors this year, brake fluid flush 7x or every early fall, 1x replacement of left brake light bulb, yearly replacement of wiper blade rubbers (eaten by snow/ice on windshield in winter times).

I purchased my new 2003 corolla in April of 2002 when the new body style came out. Since then, I've replaced the following. Catalytic converter probably 4 times, starter, air conditioner compressor, valve cover gasket and the normal maintenance items. At about 350,000 miles my car didn't have the power it should have had and cut off a couple of times while driving. After a little research, I found that the spark plugs and coil packs were bad. This car had never had them replaced until now and when I removed the old plugs there was absolutely nothing left of the tips. I have no idea how it ran as long as it did. My corolla now has over 397,000 miles and still going strong. When I purchased my car, my commute was 63 miles one way. In 2007 I changed jobs which is a little closer to home at 50 miles one way. When something goes wrong with it I think well, this is it! But after YouTube searching and replacing the parts myself the car just keeps going and going. I love my car.
Im glad you were able to get a few more miles out of it. have an 06 Corolla with about 380k on it. Normally i drive 150 miles a day. My car is in the shop for a checkup. It just lost power while leaving the house two times on separate days. It was like I took my foot off the gas but I hadn't. A couple of weeks back the dealership suggested I needed new spark plugs cause of a ruff idle. No major rapairs done to her yet. If the dealership say the repair is transmission or expensive ill just go get....another 06 Corolla! Best investment ever.

Last edited:
I've got 8 Toyotas in the family.

1989 Supercharged MR2 5MT - 143k miles
1994 Corolla DX 5MT - 296k miles
1995 Supercharged Previa DX - 160k miles
2006 Scion xB 5MT - 105k miles
2007 Corolla CE 5MT - 103k miles
2008 Yaris HB 5MT - 62k miles
2009 Corolla S 5MT - 96k miles
2010 Prius III - 72k miles

My first car was a 1969 Corolla that had over 400k miles until I was hit by a drunk driver.
My 1982 Corolla Tercel had over 320k miles when it was stolen and totaled.

I have just bought a 95 Corolla e100 diesel with 90k miles. Lady had it for 20 years witg the last 10 years averaging 2k per year. Cost me £200 and a front brake caliper and tyre to get it through its MOT. I think this car is amazing - true bangernomics! Use it now for commuting and will probably put on 12k a year on her.

One of the best things about a Toyota is how long they last. Mine has 87K on it right now but I know I can double or even triple that no problem.

How many miles does yours have?

List the year and model too if you don't mind.
I have just over 130,000 on mine and running well. The only major part that has been replaced is the clutch - but that is to be expected.
Great durability!!

My wheels: Corolla NG 1.4 Luna

:)

My '09 corolla just turned 141K. Just now I was told the Trans needs service and I had to replace the alternator. The Trans is the only major repair of the car in 9 years. I was driving for a few years at 500-750 miles per week in stop and go traffic so the wear and tear was bad on the car. I thought about replacing it instead of rebuilding the trans but decided it was worth keeping the car. The engine is doing well so I am keeping the car until at least 200k. II currently use it only to drive to the train station and around town so I put 10k miles/year on it.

2007 corolla 222 222 kilometers / 138 000 miles - running fine no problems at all, replaced 1 coil and 4 spark plugs yesterday was still running on three cylinders bit rough but still perfectly drivable, car has been neglected but never ever let us down.
19619474_10155491706219740_1063647565_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 97 Toyota Corolla with 234,601 miles on it and still runs and drives like a brand new car. I did just pay for a massive overhaul due to the previous owners lack of maintenance such as - new gas tank, two new rims and tires, rocker panels from wheel to wheel on both sides, new exhuast system, exhuast sensor, (complete rust repair of the entire underbody as I live in Maine....road salt) original engine and transmission, no leaks and doesn't burn oil. 2,175.75$ later and The car is like brand new again and ready to tack on another 200K. I love these Corollas and I'll drive it until it dies and rebuild it and do it again all over.

Hello. Brand new member here. I have a 2004 Corolla LE with about 266,000 miles. I bought it in 2009 with 77,000 miles. The previous owner was an engineer who maintained the car and kept meticulous records.The engine is still great, and I have done a pretty good job with maintenance myself. In addition to routine stuff, I've replaced the starter twice, put in a few new batteries, replaced the alternator, had several brake jobs, replaced one coil, and just this week replaced the original front struts and stabilizer bar. I plan on replacing the rear struts by the end of the year. Although I've spent well beyond what the car is worth in the last year or so, I feel that I will continue to get my money's worth as I make a twice a week 330 mile round trip for work. And highway miles seem to be better for it than bumper to bumper city miles. I'm hoping to get another 100,00 miles!

One of the best things about a Toyota is how long they last. Mine has 87K on it right now but I know I can double or even triple that no problem.

I have a 95 corolla with over 900k miles. Trans finally went out a few years ago and sadly I haven't been able to fix it yet

i have a 1997 Corolla with 331,000 miles and have had it for 4 years now, got it when it had 221,000 miles and it is still running strong! I love it to death. Best car I will probably own for a long while. No major parts repaired or expensive fixes. Still has radio, clock, a/c, heat, etc.

2004 Corolla CE currently stuck on 299,999 miles for several months so over 300,000.

I have replaced the catalytic converter and the starter, otherwise no major repairs. Only needed routine maintenance like tires, brakes, oil changes, light bulbs, and filters, batteries, belts, spark plugs. I bought it new. It has some rust on the lower door portion of body on driver side. However, I trust it to take me where I need to go and it has never failed to start in cold Midwest winters. I usually do not say this about inanimate objects, but I Love my car.

2005 Corolla LE. 199+K miles. Replaced factory radio to upgrade. It was working. Installed remote starter for winter.

Electrical connections are problems generally in this model. Instrument lighting does not work on doors, below radio, and shifter.

Check engine light comes on and off. Not an emission problem. Reports transmission solenoid stuck. So, mileage is slightly reduced. But because there are electrical problems, I am not totally sure if the transmission is bad. The car starts and drives smooth. No noticeable problem in driving.

I have only replaced standard wear items. Even the spark plugs lasted 140K - more than rated and I replaced just to be safe.

I have a 2017 SE. It has 2084 miles on it. I don’t even know it’s broke in yet. Hoping this baby lasts for many years!

My 2014 S had about 93,000 miles when I traded it in last year, my 2017 xse is 10 months old and passed 38,000 miles, both cars had less than 10 miles on them when I bought them.... I range from 40,000 to 50,000 a year...

it is difficult to predict the estimated miles once the fuel gauge dial turns orange. From my perspective, the fuel tank should never be left empty. So, i wanna request you guys instead of wasting your time in calculating the mile that you can go on an empty fuel tank, you should check the fuel tank before hitting the road in order to avoid the affair of an empty fuel tank in the middle of the voyage.

My 1990 Corolla wagon 5-speed has 356,000 original miles on original engine.
I had to replace the transmission at 305K because 5th gear was popping out so I had a used tranny put installed everything else is original. Built in Japan.

2011 S that had 96,000 miles till a deer killed it. That car was a on a roll to put on a lot of miles. Ran very well for it's age and miles. Replaced by a '17 LE with 30,000.

I've got 8 Toyotas in the family.

1989 Supercharged MR2 5MT - 143k miles
1994 Corolla DX 5MT - 296k miles
1995 Supercharged Previa DX - 160k miles
2006 Scion xB 5MT - 105k miles
2007 Corolla CE 5MT - 103k miles
2008 Yaris HB 5MT - 62k miles
2009 Corolla S 5MT - 96k miles
2010 Prius III - 72k miles

My first car was a 1969 Corolla that had over 400k miles until I was hit by a drunk driver.
My 1982 Corolla Tercel had over 320k miles when it was stolen and totaled.
Update on my Corollas. I added a 2017 Corolla iM 6MT since this last post.

1994 Corolla DX 5MT - 310k miles, oldest daughters car now
2007 Corolla CE 5MT - 115k miles, youngest daughters car now
2009 Corolla S 5MT - 98k miles and is now turbocharged!
2017 Corolla iM 6MT - 6k miles

i have a 1997 Corolla with 331,000 miles and have had it for 4 years now, got it when it had 221,000 miles and it is still running strong! I love it to death. Best car I will probably own for a long while. No major parts repaired or expensive fixes. Still has radio, clock, a/c, heat, etc.
Is it carburetor or injection

My 2004 model Corolla is now 1.89 lkhs km. Running smoothly without any issues. The build quality is good compared to other similar models like Chervlot, Skoda etc. If you service it properly it will definitely last at least 4–10 lkhs for sure.