How Many Miles Do You Have?

Nathan

Administrator
One of the best things about a Toyota is how long they last. Mine has 87K on it right now but I know I can double or even triple that no problem.

How many miles does yours have?

List the year and model too if you don't mind.

I have ´93 diesel corolla E10, 410 000 km, about 256 000 miles. Two month ago weather temp. was -32 C and it started normaly without help.

I have a 96 Corolla with 127,700 miles on it. Never had any problems with it ( other than normal wear and tear) and I bought it used as a lease return.

My corolla is a 98 and the original engine had 221000 miles on it before it was replaced with an engine with 53,000. I read about a guy who had a toyota pickup that he put 1 million miles on and toyota gave him a new truck for that one.

My Corolla is a 99 sedan, 1.6...i got 145000 km(dont know how many miles that is) but it isnt very far....lightly driven by both me and her previous owner. ive had it since 2004, and uptil 2010 i had basicly 0 in maintenance costs, not including oil, tires, and lights..nothing has ever happened to it...it starts like clockwork, atleast down to 20 - celcius(confirmed bye me)...sadly now ive done the Eu-control, for those who know what that is....and it came back with all the stuff at once....catalysator, brakes,and quite a few things regarding suspension and such.its gonna be an expensive year for me.But none the less i still feel petty for those suckers that buy a merc- twice the price i gave, and ended up having to scrap their car cause the damn engine blew..mine still starts and runs like the sun comes up every days, no matter what.And all cars gotta change maintenanceparts, i just got them all in one big swoop.....

Little sad, somewhat poorer.....But i have a Corolla!

My brother owns a 1996 Totota Corolla with 235,000 miles on it. The fuel pump, alternator, starter and radiator have never needed replacing. The only things that have needed attention are normal maintenance items, i.e. oil changes, transmission fluid changes, brakes, struts, exhaust, etc. A very impressive car! He also owns a 1992 Toyota Tercel with 215,000 miles on it, also with the same excellent results. :)

I have 2004 used Corolla, and it has 115,000 miles on it. I do oil changes every three months, rotate the tires, check the air, fluid, and have replaced brake pads twice. I've also replaced the battery a few years back, and besides those minor maintenance costs, this car has been a great investment.

Unless you're racking up mega-miles on your vehicle, it's not necessary and there is no benefit to doing oil changes every three months. Of course, if you own stock in a Big Oil industry company, well then they'd benefit by selling you oil you don't need. :)

I purchased a 1996 Corolla for a friend of mine 5 years ago. It had 168,000 Miles on it. She called me a few weeks ago to let me know that this has been the best car she has ever owned, almost never needing any repairs. She now has 287.000 miles on it (Along with a few extra dents and scratches). She even took a Car wash wand to the interior plastic and claims it looks almost new again (Do not know how she kept it from permanently damaging the seats, carpet and interior)

I have a 02 Toyota Corolla LE with 162,000 km/s. Have recently repaired the front and rear stabilizer links $400, fixed part of exhaust before the exhaust manifold $525, and now just replaced the battery, $150. Beyond that i replaced the brakes the previous year and just bought new summer tires this spring. So far the car is great but a little on the small size for me after driving a mid size sedan for approximately 4-6 years. Also still trying to adapt from a more powerful 6 cylinder engine to the smaller Corolla's 4 cylinder engine. Thinking possibly in the future of purchasing add on engine upgrades if i can find some more inexpensive upgrades which won't hurt the wallet too much.

AmyH

Sitting at the dealer awaiting the check up on my 2006 and just saw a 99 model that I kid you not has almost 600k on it! If mine makes it half that far I will be over the moon.

Jer

My 98 has 125,000 on it now. I drive about 450 miles per week. At 150,000 miles I woud like to do a complete tune up. My comute is 45 miles one way all interstate driving. If I keep it at 65 mph I get 5 more mpg than I would if I drove 70 mph. So Im at 40 mpg plus with my car. I too want a 500,000+ miles car. There is a car at the local dealership they call the `moon car` because it has the same number of miles from earth to th moon and back. Like 489,000 miles. Its cool.

My 98 has 125,000 on it now. I drive about 450 miles per week. At 150,000 miles I woud like to do a complete tune up. My comute is 45 miles one way all interstate driving. If I keep it at 65 mph I get 5 more mpg than I would if I drove 70 mph. So Im at 40 mpg plus with my car. I too want a 500,000+ miles car. There is a car at the local dealership they call the `moon car` because it has the same number of miles from earth to the moon and back. Like 489,000 miles. Its cool.
The recommended maintenance interval at 150,000 will probably include a new timing belt and many other important items. It will probably all total up to about $600 - $700 depending on what a visual inspection of the car finds. Take good care of the body of the car, perform the recommended maintenance and it can last a very, very long time saving you thousands and thousands of dollars in un-needed vehicle replacement cost.

You're racking up a lot of miles quickly. How often do you change the oil?

Jer

My car has a timing chain and Im told it should last the life of the car. However, I really would like to change it at 150,000. I would also like to do everything from engine tune up, to new struts. I know I need both rotors turned or rplaced as well.

You are very fortunate your engine has a timing chain and not a belt. There is no need to replace timing chains, unless they break, which is very, very, very unusual.

2005 corolla xrs with 88726 miles on it. bought it in 2010 with 37,xxx miles. commuting to college made me want it plus it was an xrs so i couldn't pass it it. i paid 8,995 out the door for it when it booked for well over 11,000 at the time. still books for more than i paid :)

Bought my wife a used 2005 Corolla with 13,xxx miles. It really was driven by an old lady once a week for 8 years. She had all the maintenance work to prove she took care of it. Got it for a great price as well. Hoping to get this car to 300,000 miles :)

Bought my wife a used 2005 Corolla with 13,xxx miles. It really was driven by an old lady once a week for 8 years. She had all the maintenance work to prove she took care of it. Got it for a great price as well. Hoping to get this car to 300,000 miles :)
My gosh, that's almost a collectors item! :)

KarlP

96 Prizm

I just picked up a 96 Geo Prizm with 40,000 original miles. It drives like a brand new car. I love it!

I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off!:D

dreb

my 1989 1600gl has 132,645kms and my 2006 altis has 49,322kms, these two are the most reliable cars ive ever owned, gotta love corollas, abundant parts and very reliable well built car

One of the best things about a Toyota is how long they last. Mine has 87K on it right now but I know I can double or even triple that no problem.

How many miles does yours have?

List the year and model too if you don't mind.
My 2003 Corolla has 279,000 miles on it. I bought it 2004 with 30,000 miles. Since I have owned it, I have had these items break on me:
1. Catalytic converter
2. Clock
3. Starter
4. Power switch for driver's side
5. Left front axle

engine died at 270,000

first Corolla bought new in 2001, meticulously maintained, no particular problem other than the usual weak points (catalytic converter, struts, wheel studs) but then out of the blue the engine stops working at 270,000miles, mechanic says "zero compression" but am baffled as to how this can suddenly happen without any malfunction. ?? any suggestion?

I intended to keep that car a lot longer.

Corolla S 2007

I own a 2007 corolla s with currently 148,000 miles and drives the same as it did the first day I bought it. I bought it with 86,000 a little over a year ago, and use it for delivering sushi. Averaging about 1000 miles a week and a average of 36mpg (with a lot of city driving and a heavy foot with ac always on). Only use full synthetic and change oil every 6-8 thousand miles. Did the tune up at 90,000 and radiator flush, and gear oil change. The only thing that has failed to this point is a rear break light lol! Being manual transmission probably doesn't hurt either. But I believe I am putting this vehicle to the TRUE test. This is my first Toyota, but by this time next year, I will either have 200,000 + miles or a different car. I just paid it off and am about to get another car for daily driver and a backup plan (thinking of a tacoma), and this will be the strictly delivery vehicle. So far however this is the least problematic car I have owned with over 100,000 miles! Will keep updating, since I am packing these miles by the bunches. I have a good friend who had a tacoma I wanna say 1999 anyways he had 350,000 miles on it and got in a accident and flipped it upside down. When they flipped it back over it started right up and ran, but since the frame had been compromised the insurance totaled it out and you can prob guess he got a brand new....wait for it........Tacoma! Some people say that any car now can reach 200,000 this is b.s....especially when you are talking about automatic transmissions, which are usually the first to go in just about every american/domestic car I have owned over 100,000 miles, but have yet to ever have a clutch go out...knock on wood.

I just picked up a 96 Geo Prizm with 40,000 original miles. It drives like a brand new car. I love it!

I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off!:D
Pretty sure you have a lot of life left in it - my former roommate has a 1997 Prizm with 291K and counting! It ain't pretty but everything works and it's never left him stranded. Original engine and transmission, too!

New Corolla owner!

That is very possible. Check your messages as I sent you information on how to achieve this.
Hi Scott O'Kashan, I just bought my first 2000 Corolla with 111,000 miles on it. I would love for it to go 500,000! Can you share with me how to make my car last that long? It has a 1.8 L engine, timing chain, not a belt. And can you please explain to me about synthetic oil verses the other kind? Can you really only change your oil every 25,000 miles? I had a 94 Buick Century prior to this, the owner told me he only used synthetic in it, and recomnended I do the same, and never told me you don't have to change it as often...anything you can tell me I am sure would be helpful. I want this car to last a long long long time.

Well i have 2007 used toyota, and it has 58,000 kilometers on it. I do oil changes every three months.I have also changed battery power a few in the past and besides, those minimal servicing costs this car has been, a smart investment.

I just joined and have a 98 5 speed LE with 315,xxx miles.Runs great and still gets 32+ MPG.It has power everything including a sunroof which i rarely see with a 5 speed on the 8th gen.Glad to be here.