The Song of The Day Thread

ABBA - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimme!_...er_Midnight)

Okay, I will share something for everyone here that not many people are aware of. First of all, if you've heard the beaten-to-death ABBA hit, "Dancing Queen", and haven't heard much else from ABBA, you are in for a real treat!

A few years back, I heard an ABBA song on the radio and I honestly had forgotten about them. But this song was so good and pleasing to listen to I went out and bought their CD, "ABBA Gold", which has a lot of their hits on it. I listened to the entire CD and couldn't put my finger on why they sounded so good. Then, I listened to this song and I thought I heard something, so I listened to it again very carefully and then I watched this video on YouTube as well. This song is very, very special in that it highlights why and how ABBA has been the huge success they are.

Back in the Big Band Era, the first two Benny Goodman bands were not successful. So Benny took a year off to figure out what he was doing wrong. Either by musical genius or sheer accident, he discovered that when two different instruments played the same song but an octave apart, it lends a very rich, full sound to the music. Well, the two singers of ABBA, the stunning Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad naturally sing an octave apart! So when these two ladies sing in harmony, it almost sounds like a full-blown chorus and is absolutely beautiful! ABBA went on to become one of the most successful bands ever selling over 200 million albums. Agnetha has one of the most beautiful singing voices in the world and maybe the best ever.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Meshow is a one man band and every instrument you hear in this song is him playing that instrument. He is a phenomenal musician. Enjoy!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
always good tunes. One of the best stations here is WCBS.FM Plays all the Oldies. and more.

Not only the songs are great but some of the Soundtracks from Shows

Not just ths show the songs of the show, are as well great. Mistique I believe is the title I was looking for.

Broadway show I enjoyed very muc, listening to the tracks

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (full version!)

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (full version!)

A song about the incredible Battle of Britain in WWII, which in many ways determined the final victorious outcome for the Allies over Nazi Germany. A great song!

AC/DC - Money Talks

Tailored suits, chauffeured cars
Fine hotels and big cigars
Up for grabs, all for a price
Where the red hot girls keep on dancin' through the night
The claim is on you
The sights are on me
So what do you do that's guaranteed
Hey little girl
You want it all
The furs, the diamonds, the painting on the wall!
Come on come on, lovin' for the money
Come on come on, listen to the money talk

A French maid, foreign chef
A big house, with king size bed
You had enough, you ship 'em out
The dollars up, down, you better buy the pound
The claim is on you
The sights are on me
So what do you do, that's guaranteed
Hey little girl
You break the laws
You hustle, you deal, you steal from us all!
Money talks

Money talks
B.S. walks
Money talks

Come on come on