Any way to show "Current Speed" in the center screen of the Tachometer?

So, before I purchased my 2015 Corolla S, I was driving around a 2015 Camry as a rental. One thing that was useful was the fact that you could have the digital screen (the one that sits between the two tachometers) display the current speed of the car. Does anyone here know if its possible to have the Corolla do that same thing? Based on what it can do (average speed, active MPG estimations) it doesn't seem too far off that it has the required sensors. I've never used the average speed or elapsed time on that center screen and it honestly just seems kinda old and outdated thinking; seeing as the 2011 Highlanders did the exact same thing to a tee.

Been thinking about asking the dealership since there are tweaks that they can make (for example, changing the blinker-tap from 3 flashes to 5 or 7) and other little quirks and codes that aren't mentioned in the manual. Has anyone else heard of or done something similar?

I don't think the function exist in current Corolla nor that it can be activated. Been listed in the "minus" of many reviews.

Also, I talked to the dealership and they said that, as far as they were aware, the data shown on the center display can't be changed... But then again, they also didn't know about the ability to change the blinker pattern frequency until I showed them one of the threads on here talking about it. So idk how knowledgeable the head tech might be over at that location, lmao

Also, I talked to the dealership and they said that, as far as they were aware, the data shown on the center display can't be changed... But then again, they also didn't know about the ability to change the blinker pattern frequency until I showed them one of the threads on here talking about it. So idk how knowledgeable the head tech might be over at that location, lmao
Can you elaborate on the blinker thing. This is the first I'm hearing of this

Can you elaborate on the blinker thing. This is the first I'm hearing of this
Okay, well, you know how when you give your blinker stick a slight push (in either direction) not enough to click it all the way down but just enough for it to register? Kind of like a half press.
Anywho, whenever you do said half press, your turn signal blinks three times. As it turns out, there's an option to have the number of clicks to be 3, 5 or 7; three being the default. Unfortunately, this option can only be changed by one of the technicians at a Toyota dealership – even when the guys at my dealer found it and changed it, they said it was actually a pretty well hidden option and just about none of them were aware of it. This option goes for all 2014+ vehicles that have the blinker half-tap pattern ability.

Tl;Dr go to your dealer and ask them to change the half press frequency. If they say they're not sure if that's possible, tell them to check and double check, because it 100% is. If they try and charge you, don't let em – they're not supposed to at all.

Okay, well, you know how when you give your blinker stick a slight push (in either direction) not enough to click it all the way down but just enough for it to register? Kind of like a half press.
Anywho, whenever you do said half press, your turn signal blinks three times. As it turns out, there's an option to have the number of clicks to be 3, 5 or 7; three being the default. Unfortunately, this option can only be changed by one of the technicians at a Toyota dealership – even when the guys at my dealer found it and changed it, they said it was actually a pretty well hidden option and just about none of them were aware of it. This option goes for all 2014+ vehicles that have the blinker half-tap pattern ability.

Tl;Dr go to your dealer and ask them to change the half press frequency. If they say they're not sure if that's possible, tell them to check and double check, because it 100% is. If they try and charge you, don't let em – they're not supposed to at all.
Huh... well that's neat.

Right? Kinda makes me curious as to what other "well hidden" tricks there are... I tried holding down the sport button for 15 seconds but nothing happened and thus concludes the extent of my experimentation on it lmfao.
Right? Kinda makes me curious as to what other "well hidden" tricks there are... I tried holding down the sport button for 15 seconds but nothing happened and thus concludes the extent of my experimentation on it lmfao.
Yeah. Would be nice. It wouldn't surprise me if they had certain stuff locked, like if the car is advertised with ~132 hp but restrictions only give about 90% of that

Yeah. Would be nice. It wouldn't surprise me if they had certain stuff locked, like if the car is advertised with ~132 hp but restrictions only give about 90% of that
Dang, I wasn't aware of that. He'll, I had just yesterday come to know that the speed governor in Corolla's prevent the car from surpassing 114mph. Granted, there are multiple factors behind that, but still makes you wonder why the heck they put in a speedometer that reads all the way up to 150.

Dang, I wasn't aware of that. He'll, I had just yesterday come to know that the speed governor in Corolla's prevent the car from surpassing 114mph. Granted, there are multiple factors behind that, but still makes you wonder why the heck they put in a speedometer that reads all the way up to 150.
Yeah I thought that too since the, I think, 2004 corolla read only up to 115. Which I think should've just stayed that way because it was more accurate. But I did see on a video one time that a lot of them have guages well over the restricted speed because of the competition of the companies, or something like that. And it really sucks that the limiter is at 114 because when I get up in the speed I get that rush going and as soon as it limits the engine I get all depressed because that's all it can do. I know there will be people to say that that's faster than a corolla needs to go because it's an econobox, but damn I'd like to see mine out of the norm and be able to reach new limits.

Yeah I thought that too since the, I think, 2004 corolla read only up to 115. Which I think should've just stayed that way because it was more accurate. But I did see on a video one time that a lot of them have guages well over the restricted speed because of the competition of the companies, or something like that. And it really sucks that the limiter is at 114 because when I get up in the speed I get that rush going and as soon as it limits the engine I get all depressed because that's all it can do. I know there will be people to say that that's faster than a corolla needs to go because it's an econobox, but damn I'd like to see mine out of the norm and be able to reach new limits.
Correction the 2004 reads up to 110

Actually, the '14 owner manual even stated that you could change the blinker frequency via the touchscreen... to no good ! Turn out you have to go to the dealer and yours is far from the only one not knowing it.
But display the speed was never an option shown anywhere.

And it really sucks that the limiter is at 114 because when I get up in the speed I get that rush going and as soon as it limits the engine I get all depressed because that's all it can do. I know there will be people to say that that's faster than a corolla needs to go because it's an econobox, but damn I'd like to see mine out of the norm and be able to reach new limits.
You're right about the "norm". 80% of cars have the same limitation. The speedometer is really about puffing and marketing. I wouldn't dismiss the "econobox" part that easy : speed also need compliant tires, brakes, suspensions, trans... all not necessarily found in a budget compact or even base luxury (think the need for AMG). Not to mention that where I live, 114 is good for a fine up to $2,000 and 14 out of 15 points off driver license...:eek:

I've only gone over 100mph once so far in the two months that I've had my S. I don't really mind the limitation too much, it's just a bit of a bummer. The notion of having a car that could do 150 was nice until that bubble was popped.