Replacing Front Rotors

I don't know about all this negativity concerning rotors with holes and "dimples." Motorcycle manufactures have been drilling and slotting the hell out of rotors for a long time. They work great on bikes with more horsepower and speed than some cars. Motorcycle brakes get a real workout.

As long as the rotor is designed well and manufactured out of quality steel, I see only benefits for ventilated brake rotors on performance cars.
Motorcycles weigh a LOT less than cars do, and their rotors tend to have far more strict mamufacturing standards.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I'll file those in the over-kill category! :D

Earlier in the thread there was talk of what to use to remove the rotors and drums, this is what I've used on two Corolla's (my '10 and my friends '03) and my '93 T100. Basically anything which you can thread into the holes to push the rotor (or drum) out should work. In my case I'm using an exhaust stud for an air-cooled VW engine with a 13mm nut on it. Works like a charm :)

Kevin

I also applied a coating of 'Disk Brake Quiet Goop' (probably not it's actual name). Supposed to keep the pads from chattering.

Last edited: