2014 Corolla - Orange Peel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That price is over $4,000 off MSRP for his model. That's a tough deal to get until the 2015s roll on the lots (surprised dealers are taking that much of a hit on them but I'm wondering what kind of surprises they add on to get the money back).

That price is over $4,000 off MSRP for his model.
And your point?

There is that much markup.

Usually you can walk in and get the TrueCar price or better if you negotiate. You can ALWAYS get it from the TrueCar dealer - IF they have that particular equipped model on the lot (and yes, you have to negotiate dealer fees etc. also).

I don't think I woulda have gotten that low with the 6MT. Dealers here order so few of them that they don't stay on the lots long. They'd rather wait three days and get what they want for it from someone else. I was surprised I got $1,500 knocked off MSRP before I even stepped foot on the lot.

Well Toyota was no help the case manager took the dealerships side like I thought the man I talked before her said they went by what the dealership says and asked what else Toyota could do to make me happy besides fixing the paint so I said switch me out of my LE he said for me to discuss it with thr case manager which she said they wouldn't do and never asked what can Toyota do to make me happy like the guy I talked to before what a waste of time everything was!

Make sure Toyota knows that.

Make sure Toyota knows that is what you are telling everyone you know.

Ratchet up the pressure on them. You can make them break and take care of their defective paint!

Document everything/write it down. Dates, times, what was said, who said it, etc. A lawyer needs this information.

Better Business Bureau, etc.

Go after 'em!

Make sure Toyota knows that.

Make sure Toyota knows that is what you are telling everyone you know.

Ratchet up the pressure on them. You can make them break and take care of their defective paint!

Document everything/write it down. Dates, times, what was said, who said it, etc. A lawyer needs this information.

Better Business Bureau, etc.

Go after 'em!
Thats what I'm thinking about doing I have a law book for my state and I'm at the point of ot being considered a lemon under the lemon law they'll have to swap me out of this cat evenly or give me a full refund whichever I choose.

It's tough to say because they haven't even offered to fix it once, but I don't see why a judge wouldn't look at your paint and tell them to fix it or buy back the car 100%

If you have the Driver's Convenience Package, it's a good price. If you don't, then it isn't a great deal, but you are still saving from MSRP.
I don't know for sure I don't think it does but I haven't found out yet they don't even have the car on the lot to see don't have any black corollas at all.:( If it doesn't is it a good deal? I saw a quote with true car with the driver's convenience package for around the same price as there wanting.

I don't know for sure I don't think it does but I haven't found out yet they don't even have the car on the lot to see don't have any black corollas at all.:( If it doesn't is it a good deal? I saw a quote with true car with the driver's convenience package for around the same price as there wanting.
Just read thru this thread. You should be fighting them to fix your paint job instead of trading it in and losing more money for another Corolla. I would be getting a lawyer involve now. Trading it in will be the last resort if there's nothing a lawyer can do. You haven't threaten them with a lawyer yet so you don't know how they will respond if you hired one.

Let's just say you trade it in for the S Plus model you been wanting and then a few months later you run into the same problem as your LE. Toyota already know you are a easy pushover and won't fix it for you again. What are you gonna do? Trade it in for a different car and lose more money? This is a decision you can only make if money is nothing to you.

Just read thru this thread. You should be fighting them to fix your paint job instead of trading it in and losing more money for another Corolla. I would be getting a lawyer involve now. Trading it in will be the last resort if there's nothing a lawyer can do. You haven't threaten them with a lawyer yet so you don't know how they will respond if you hired one.

Let's just say you trade it in for the S Plus model you been wanting and then a few months later you run into the same problem as your LE. Toyota already know you are a easy pushover and won't fix it for you again. What are you gonna do? Trade it in for a different car and lose more money? This is a decision you can only make if money is nothing to you.
Exactly! :thumbsup:

In my opinion, Toyota is screwing newcorollaowner over, big time!

I just can't believe I'm actually reading this!

No, you're not getting another car for the same price you're now paying. You're paying much more for a longer period of time at a higher interest rate. Don't you see this? You are losing thousands of dollars.

The price for the monthly payment is irrelevant. The total price you are paying is the issue and you are getting ripped-off...and happy about it to boot. That's just incredible.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Scott, you see that, I see that and I'm sure other people following this thread see it too but I think our friend newcorollaowner just sees something shiny and wants it :rolleyes: I guess we've all been there. I hope he's happy with his choice :thumbsup:

Kevin

I think this hole situation shows not to hurry when buying a car or other high price item. Generally speaking (regardless of this or any specific situation)

a) Be sure of what you want, no matter what sales «consultant» (yeah...) tells you, to avoid buyer remorse. Otherwise you end up looking, even unconsciously, to get rid of what you bought or at least feel a bit frustrated.

b) Check financing options (including waiting) before even walk into a concession/store. It's kind of suspicious if one dealer push you to a specific model because of credit score while another is willing to sell. Credit score is an objective data between you and the bank/finance company. Even if you finance through a dealear, the finance director or whatever is merely an agent for the bank/finance company that operate with that dealer.

c) Don't consider only monthly payments (for God sakes, they even announce prices by the week or even day now, where I live ! Wow, a Corolla for just 5.99 $!). Number of months, plus interest, plus whatever cash and/or deposit is what you really get ripped off plus equity VS duration of the term.

d) Also take your time at delivery to inspect the car/good throughly. Premature wear, chips or rust might fall under lemon law but orange peel might be a harder case since, again at least where I live, you sign a discharge stating that you inspected the good before delivery and accept it. (on the other hand, we also have the "legal warranty" that state that a good should work properly for a reasonnable time, wether or not the manufacturer warranty has expired. Each case is different, but Toyota/Subaru has lost a number of court cases here on that account).

As for the choice between LE and S, beside the different fascia and lip spoiler, the S would be a bit firmer, supposedly because of suspension tweaking but mostly because of bigger wheels, with more bolstered seats, paddle shifter (if automatic), and optional 4 discs brakes.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I have done everything and it's the car I want and it's the best deal I'm going to get with my credit and everything I'm not hurrying into anything I've had my LE almost 8 months now and I've been researching the S Plus the whole time and know it's what I want and I can afford it so I'm getting the car I want
Ah, youth :laughing: :rolleyes:

Kevin

I have done everything and it's the car I want and it's the best deal I'm going to get with my credit and everything I'm not hurrying into anything I've had my LE almost 8 months now and I've been researching the S Plus the whole time and know it's what I want and I can afford it so I'm getting the car I want
... but maybe not when you bought the LE in the first place ;).
Financilly, the «best deal» in car is always the car you have. But if it's making you really unhappy, nothing compare to the buzz of a new car. Alas, it rarely last :( !

I'm not young I'm 35 nor stupid when I got the LE I thought I'd like it but haven't since I got it nor am I worrying about a new car I just want to me happy with the car I have and I'm not with the LE I have now say what y'all want I was asking opinions in the cars not y'all opinion in me getting it

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Are you going to get your S Plus in black or another colour? Just wondering...:D

I'm not young I'm 35 nor stupid when I got the LE I thought I'd like it but haven't since I got it nor am I worrying about a new car I just want to me happy with the car I have and I'm not with the LE I have now say what y'all want I was asking opinions in the cars not y'all opinion in me getting it
Sorry if I missed it, but what do you dislike about your LE?

I personally have the S with convenience package :p.

If you can afford it go rent the S for a day or two, make sure its what you want. I used to drive a Rav4 and the test drive went great, but on my day-to-day travels I really didnt much care for it.

Sorry if I missed it, but what do you dislike about your LE?

I personally have the S with convenience package :p.

If you can afford it go rent the S for a day or two, make sure its what you want. I used to drive a Rav4 and the test drive went great, but on my day-to-day travels I really didnt much care for it.
Well I wanted the S Plus when I was looking first of the year but the dealership told me I didn't qualify for it at the time so I thought I'd like the LE but don't I don't like the severe orange peel is my main concern I just filed a complaint with the bbb. I don't like the interior at all the wheel covers, lack of fog lamps, spoiler and lack of four wheel disc brakes. I don't really like anything about the car except the gas mileage I get with it.

Are you going to get your S Plus in black or another colour? Just wondering...:D
No come to find out the dealership I was going to get the car from wanted to have my stepdad as co-signer which basically means it's his car and I'm paying for it as much as I wanted the S Plus the LE is all mine not anyone else's. I filed a complaint with BBB today hoping they'll get the dealership I got the LE from to buy it back 100% credit and get me the S Plus I wanted to begin with for the same payments and everything.

Now you're talkin'! Go get 'em! :thumbsup::yes::)
I hoping they'll just give me 100% on the LE I have now and get me into the S Plus I wanted to start with. Already know there not going to anything about the paint if they were to have it wet sanded and buffed I'd have less clear coat and paint protection and void my paint warranty in the process. So I want 100% credit on the LE and get me into the S Plus and I'll be happy. How long does it take for a complaint to show up on BBB? And how long before the business normally responds if they even do?

I'm not sure of the answer to your BBB question.

Might be best to give your local office a call.

It has been to my miserable experience that car dealers will do almost anything to sell you a car; lie, cheat, steal, or run your Grandmother over!

I have never seen such a bunch of dishonest people in my life and they are very depressing to deal with! Beware! :mad:

I'm not sure of the answer to your BBB question.

Might be best to give your local car l office a call.

It has been to my miserable experience that car dealers will do almost anything to sell you a car; lie, cheat, steal, or run your Grandmother over!

I have never seen such a bunch of dishonest people in my life and they are very depressing to deal with! Beware! :mad:
Yea I'm finding out now hopefully the dealership I bought my car from will give 100% credit on it and put me in the car I wanted to begin with

I don't think I woulda have gotten that low with the 6MT. Dealers here order so few of them that they don't stay on the lots long. They'd rather wait three days and get what they want for it from someone else. I was surprised I got $1,500 knocked off MSRP before I even stepped foot on the lot.
Truecar locally for me shows a $4500 discount for the S Plus with 6MT.

What that is supposed to mean legally is that if you go to a TrueCar dealer and they have that car on the lot you have to get it for that price (or better).

Now, if they don't have exactly the car you want and have to get it from another dealer, they can charge more, or if you find the car at a non-TrueCar dealer, they can tell you "that's nice, our price if $1000 OVER MSRP - do you want the car or not?"

Truecar locally for me shows a $4500 discount for the S Plus with 6MT.

What that is supposed to mean legally is that if you go to a TrueCar dealer and they have that car on the lot you have to get it for that price (or better).

Now, if they don't have exactly the car you want and have to get it from another dealer, they can charge more, or if you find the car at a non-TrueCar dealer, they can tell you "that's nice, our price if $1000 OVER MSRP - do you want the car or not?"
Dealers usually will beat each others prices if you play the game with them. Call around all the dealers by you to get prices and use it against each other. If they can only match the price then you work them for stuff you want included or finance %. That is what I did with the dealer that I wanted to buy from. I bought two Toyotas from them in 2010 and their customer service has been top notch.

Aa for dealers that won't match, you are better off not dealing with them. Take your business where they want it and they will work with you. Gotta hold your stance when dealing with them or as people say use your best poker face lol.

A little insight from me.

I recently bought the S Plus with a bunch of small goodies.

I got the S Plus with the Convience package (smart key is very nice) a sunroof, paint protection, paint guards (I think those are two different things :p) bumper guards, and tint (little different from what I mentioned earlier)

I also had them take it from another dealership. For this I paid 20,083 after taxes and fees.

I noticed your monthly payment was upwards of 400, who are you financing through? I went through USAA with my mother as a co-signer, you mentioned you wanted this car to be yours, when I did my title information my co-signer did NOT need to be on the title if I didnt want it to be per USAA's instructions, I assume all banks are a little different.

What are your loan options?

Well my credit has dropped dramatically by getting ot checked at a couple dealerships so if I was to get the car on my own with trading my LE in I'd be paying over $500 a month. With my stepfather on the loan I'd be paying $425 a month like I am now but he's on disability and already has a new truck I don't want to get him into trouble with his disability check. Plus the LE is financed with me only not like the S Plus I was wanting it basically be my stepfathers not mine. So I filed a complaint with BBB on a issue with the paint on my LE hoping the dealership will trade me out 100% credit on it and get me into the S Plus I wanted originally.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I'm not understanding how someone being a co-signer on a car is then considered the legal owner. Sure if the primary signer on the loan defaults that would happen but if you made the payments on-time then at the end of the loan the car is yours. I have no experience with the disability system so I can't speak to how that would effect things.

I hope your complaining to the BBB gets you what you want, but I doubt that it will. In the past 13 years I've bought three Toyota's from three Toyota dealerships in my area and have never looked at BBB ratings for those dealerships.

In terms of rebuilding your credit you may want to check-out Clark Howard's and Dave Ramsey's websites, both offer lots of great information on how to build your credit-up responsibly.

Good luck!

Kevin

I think its very commendable not to involve someone else, specially family, as a co-signer.
No, that person wouldn't become legal owner - actually the bank/finance is the sole legal owner anyway until you paid the last penny, though you have use and responsability of the good.
But if you run into bad luck and miss a payment, your co-signer become responsible and now has a lien against your good. Always a fishy situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.